You can type here any text you want

Happy Birthday to me!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dthrock

Well after several weeks of getting back to even on my 87 GN I finally got it back today from the shop. Put a lot of work into it but mosly things like new brakes, shocks, new battery etc.
While I have been waiting to get it back Ive been cruising this board and found an ATX Racing club here in town. Sent a message to those guys just to say hey. Most of them have TA's of various types. They said they usually meet at the local Sonic in the evenings so I decided to go cruise by there. While I was out a guy in a VERY sweet 69 Dodge SuperBee pulls off into a parking lot in front of me. This car is mint and I want to get a look at it. Got to talking to him and he had rebuild almost the whole thing. Had a 383 in it. He said it runs 14's but I think he was being modest. He and I decide to cruise over to Sonic and grab something to eat. While we are sitting there a group of TA's pull in and park. We sit for a while and then go over to say hello. Its the ATX guys. There were 4 guys, mostly early 20s. All nice guys and we sit and shoot the breeze for a little while. Its pretty cold so we decide to cruise up the street to get warm.
We pull out onto a 4 lane street with a middle turn lane. One of the TA's pulls up beside me and says "So lets see what you got" At this point I really dont know what to expect as Ive never ran ANYONE in any car before. So I laugh and yell 'Not much'. He punches it and so do I. We started out at maybe 20. I look over and he is gone. Hmm so I check the rearview and there he is, at least a car length back. We go a couple blocks and I prob gain another half on him. There is traffic coming up so I have to shut it down. We make the corner and pull into a Midas shop and check out the superbee for a while. VERY sweet car. Getting cold again so we decide to head back to Sonic. Same TA and I line up at the red light. I get boost up to 0 and we launch (I have 215 radials on it atm. BFG's coming though and some Weld Pro Stars as well.) TA is spinning his tires thru the intersection and I leave him by 2 cars. he shut it down and I coast on out and wait for the rest to catch up. It was a good night and everyone had fun. The guy I pulled on knew what a GN was and had a lot of respect for them. He wasnt at all surprised that I could pull him. If any of them read here, sorry guys Im terrible with names.
I was just happy to know I have a respectable almost stock GN now. Oh and it is my birthday today. Not a bad present!

Dave

Only mods so far. 2 3/4 downpipe Ultra chip, orange stripe converter, GNX Brace kit, tuned to 16psi boost.

Im also from the BIG A town! I have seen these ATX dudes cruizin around. Good to see another V-6 whoopin some a**. Im in town about every other weekend......i have a black 87 GN w/ 15'' torque thrust wheels. If you see me, flag me down! Talk to ya later. Clay

Fun isn't it?

Dood, I remember the first race in my GN, It scared me. I had just gotten rid of a 95 Eclipse GST, which is no slouch mind you. I raced my friend,s (RIP) 71 Mustang, and it pulled him. I was so excited and scared at the same time. The Buick will surprise you! ERIC.

Back