You can type here any text you want

Happy Friday for me! Got good news today!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Squid4life

Obviously by my username I am in the Navy. Well, today I got the good news I have been waiting years to hear: I was selected as a "Limited Duty Officer" or LDO! They selected 11 Navy-wide in my designator. We have to wait a year or so to commission, but I am stoked to say the least so I hope the time flies! What a great way to start the weekend! :biggrin:

Here is how I told the wife:

"Hey, I was selected this year! So... now can I buy those stage 2 twin turbos and headers on the board?" She wasn't having it... :D

Hope everyone else out there has a great weekend as well!

Get a job........:biggrin: I mean get a job ....Sir.:biggrin:

Congrats......

Get a job........:biggrin: I mean get a job ....Sir.:biggrin:

Congrats......

Thanks! Yeah, a few of my guys would say "um, excuse me sir", and I was totally oblivious. :redface:

Gonna take a while to get used to that!

Congrats, I don't know what an LDO is but sounds good.

Basically LDO is a program for an enlisted person to receive a commission, or become a commissioned officer. More responsibility, more challenge, oh, and more money for car parts. ;)

Basically LDO is a program for an enlisted person to receive a commission, or become a commissioned officer. More responsibility, more challenge, oh, and more money for car parts. ;)

Do you have to go to candates school James? Congrats BTW.:biggrin:

what exactly does that mean? I dont understand what u mean by receiving a commission? commission of what?

what exactly does that mean? I dont understand what u mean by receiving a commission? commission of what?

He's going from enlisted to a commissioned officer Brent. You have to be commissioned to become an officer.:biggrin:

Congrats James! Now are you gonna GTFO of Kalifornia or what?

Got an aluminum radiator support here for you, bring a 109 home with you, LOL. :)

Bob

Congrats;). My cousin is Master Chief Petty Officer Donald C Schrader III. He's been in for 19 years. 2 time Naval officer of the year. Bravo Zulu was one, not sure of the other. He saved an elderly couple from burning in a car accident in Hawaii in 2000 and then in 2003, he pulled a Japanese child out of a swimming pool in Guam, and performed CPR on him and brought him back. He was in the water for over 4 min. He received the honor twice. I believe only Admiral Halsy received it that many times also. You can look it up by his name.

:biggrin:

Do you have to go to candates school James? Congrats BTW.:biggrin:

Thanks for the congrats Charlie! Yes, I will be heading up to Rhode Island one of these days for Officer Indoc School. Now the long wait.... :frown:, but will be worth every hour of waiting! :cool:

Congrats James! Now are you gonna GTFO of Kalifornia or what?

Got an aluminum radiator support here for you, bring a 109 home with you, LOL. :)

Bob

Thanks Bob, appreciate it! Nope, bought a house here, so hoping to stay for a while. Hopefully can do a few more tours here in SD area, even if it means heading to Iraq or taking a ship out of here again.

Put that rad support off to the side with my name on it, I will be picking up a 109 here soon. We are still heading that direction this summer! Will let you know exactly when as it gets closer. Keep your eyes peeled for a heat only box too. Running this stage 2 with stage heads means no more AC. Of course, I haven't used it in 4 years anyway. :biggrin:

Congrats man! Welcome to the dark side, haha.

Thanks, appreciate that! Can't wait til that commissioning ceremony!

Congrats;). My cousin is Master Chief Petty Officer Donald C Schrader III. He's been in for 19 years. 2 time Naval officer of the year. Bravo Zulu was one, not sure of the other. He saved an elderly couple from burning in a car accident in Hawaii in 2000 and then in 2003, he pulled a Japanese child out of a swimming pool in Guam, and performed CPR on him and brought him back. He was in the water for over 4 min. He received the honor twice. I believe only Admiral Halsy received it that many times also. You can look it up by his name.

That's a hell of a story Coach, I will definitely look him up! Hey, got that stage motor yet? ;)

Congrats James. Gotta be a great feeling.

Peter

Thanks Peter, it is a great feeling. I keep feeling more and more happy each day thinking about it. Been working towards it for years now, and finally it comes true. It is settling in a little more today that my life is getting ready to change! Crazy!

Hey Squid,
I just found part of the article on a websight about the rescue of the boy. I'll have to find the other article or ask my cousin where you might find it. The boy he saved was the same exact age as his son Ian. He said that was all he could think about while doing the CPR. This was 2003 so his rank was lower then.

Rescues

On 23 July, four sailors assigned to Kitty Hawk (CV 63) saved the life of an 8-year-old boy during the ship's four-day port visit to Guam. AZ3 Jonathan Haney, AZAN Stephen Clark, and ABAN ABAN Abandon
ABAN Airman, Aviation Boatswain's Mate Striker (Naval Rating)
ABAN Aaronic Business Angel Network Ltd. Chris Juers were swimming at the Marriot Resort and Spa pool when they noticed an unconscious child at the bottom of the pool. The sailors dove into the pool and pulled him to the surface. Clark then went inside the hotel to call an ambulance and Juers began CPR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Definition

Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is a procedure to support and maintain breathing and circulation for a person who has stopped breathing (respiratory arrest) and/or whose heart has stopped (cardiac . HM1 Donald Schrader arrived and used his medical training to revive the boy. Schrader carried him to the side of the building to meet the arriving emergency medical service crew. The following day, the boy and his mother visited Schrader to thank him.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! James. I always had a great admiration for the LDO's I served with!! Your career is definately moving in the right direction!! I don't remember if I asked before, how much time do you have in now?
Best wishes!!!

Oh, forgot to ask, what part of San Diego are you living in? We spent almost 12 years in Tierrasanta.

That is great! If everyone knew how rare it is to get into the LDO program, you are definitely a cut above the rest.
BTW what is your rate? and what Specialty will you be in?

Back