Hard to start when cold only

Sup bud hope you had a good holiday.

Sounds like the fuel pump is giving the initial rail prime.
Did this issue pop up with the non SD chip change or it does it with either?
Is your battery in good condition?
What is your cold key on volts on the scan master?
Check security of mounting/connections on the crank sensor and battery cables (ground on the front of the block and starter pos) as well.
But if cam sensor has never been checked I would for sure double check it cause it could be off some and would be a good time to check the reluctor wheel under the cap to be sure its still secure.
I would think a cam sensor adjustment wouldn't have a only cold start problem since its still telling position for the ecm cold or hot tho and you would think it would be a hot start longer crank as well.

Yep fuel pressure is good just checked with gauge on 2 sec key on
Just seems the colder it is the longer cranking
Batter is good stay on maintainer all the time
12 .9
All looks good and stock locations
No cam sensor check as car runs so good I did not want mess with it
That is what I was thinking
When warm or hot it cranks perfect

Sounds just like mine, except for the different starter sound. I really don't consider it to be excessive.

Just watched the video. Its a little bit long on start up but not really anything terrible or un turboregal like IMO. Check that sensor still tho. Good luck(y)

Last edited:
Doesn't seem that bad. I expected worse.

Sounds like that is the nature of the Beast
Yea Id say if it gets just a little bit worse then its time for concern, ---keep a better ear out for the speed of the cranking , then you can start looking at the cam sensor and condition of the starter it self..

Sounds good to me, convert to fast-start system and it will fire sooner.

could be a fuel injector dripping, happened to me on my ls7 zo6, could not figure out for the life of me, thought it was somewhere in the tune, turned out my $1000 brand new ID 850 injectors one had a slow drip, which in turn would load that one cyl with a little bit of fuel causing my extended cranking before it would fire up, took me months to figure it out, so that may be worth looking into.

Sounds normal too me. Got an LT4 starter on my wishlist for the blue car to speed things up. Put one on the gn and love it. Cranks faster and sounds cleaner. BTW my car is still your avatar ;). I wish the gal had come with it hehe.

Sounds normal too me. Got an LT4 starter on my wishlist for the blue car to speed things up. Put one on the gn and love it. Cranks faster and sounds cleaner. BTW my car is still your avatar ;). I wish the gal had come with it hehe.

LOL !!! :D

I have two TRs one lights off instantly, the other cranks like yours in the video. The main difference is the fast start car has new 60 lb inj the other old green stripes. Both cars have the same mini starter.

I have two TRs one lights off instantly, the other cranks like yours in the video. The main difference is the fast start car has new 60 lb inj the other old green stripes. Both cars have the same mini starter.

That's interesting , the TB in the video has new 42lbs from TT and my Brother has 60lbs from TT and his GN starts faster than mine both with TT chips and stock starters mine has TR6 where my Brothers has stock coil and module .

So I know how you feel. ...yeah it starts but it could be much better.
I was thinking of swapping chips and injectors to see if it solves the problem. But I would need to swap them right back since the 60s are burned for alky and a larger turbo.

So I know how you feel. ...yeah it starts but it could be much better.

Im with you I think it should start faster also , I timed it with stop watch and mine is 3 seconds , does not sound like much but in drag racing that is a hell of a lot LOL !!!