has anyone ever used the tornado

87grandnat

Active Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2003
you know that littli thing that they show on late night tv, the tornado has anyone ever used it, and if so did you see any gains in performance, thanks for any info
 
yes in fact i got one on my car right now. it added tons of HP. there are a few versions of them out there. i have the TA-49 version.
 
I'd like to see them explain how their so called tornado could make it through the turbo and IC and still be a spiraling air stream...what a crock :rolleyes:
 
me and a friend were talking about it, and saying its b.s. but just wanted to know, if anyone had any experience with it
 
True story....

I know this guy.. we will call him John.

His wife always whined about the poor fuel economy her Blazer got so she bought one.

John installed it in her Blazer and for one reason or another the damn thing got about 4 miles to the gallon better economy.

Now I thought that maybe she was just keeping her foot out of it but the truck got 25 mpg which it had never done before. And it did this repeatedly for several tanks of gas.

I told John that it was not possible from such a silly device so he took it out. MPG dropped back to 20.

He is going to put it back in and see if they go up again but NOT tell her. She won't know it is installed so her driving habbits should not alter.

I will let you know what 'John' discovers.
 
OH SIT!!!!

Originally posted by turbo buicks
yes in fact i got one on my car right now. it added tons of HP. there are a few versions of them out there. i have the TA-49 version.


hahhahhahah OH SH*T!!!!!!!!!!! you the man!!!!!

Honestly, of course you're going to get better fuel mileage with the thing!!!!!

IT RESTRICTS THE INCOMING AIRFLOW TO THE MOTOR!!!!!

I laugh my A$$ off when the commercials come on, its almost like comedy central;) :D :p

Restricting the airflow into the engine means the MAF sensor wont pull the amount of air it "could" be pulling (if there werent a god damn restrictor thingie in there) so obviously low maf readings means the engine calibration will seek to pull fuel out of the injector pulse width...

UH DUH!!!!! that dewds the man though sold over one MILLION OF THEM!!!! LOL!!!!!
:rolleyes: :D ;) :p
 
I know someone who put one on and *lost* a MPG..

As a graduate Engineer I can attest that it can't work a advertised. The swirls cannot... let me repete.. CANNOT make it past a partically open throttle body and still have swirls..
This thing work sthough for the maker, cause people are sucking in with their infomercials and actually buy one of these pieces of crap. So yea it works for the manufacture.. It does not for the consumer..
 
hrmmmm

Originally posted by Renthorin
True story....

I know this guy.. we will call him John.

His wife always whined about the poor fuel economy her Blazer got so she bought one.

John installed it in her Blazer and for one reason or another the damn thing got about 4 miles to the gallon better economy.

Now I thought that maybe she was just keeping her foot out of it but the truck got 25 mpg which it had never done before. And it did this repeatedly for several tanks of gas.

I told John that it was not possible from such a silly device so he took it out. MPG dropped back to 20.

He is going to put it back in and see if they go up again but NOT tell her. She won't know it is installed so her driving habbits should not alter.

I will let you know what 'John' discovers.

(not trying to be harsh here) but is his wife having an affair with the infomercial dewd?:D :D :D :cool:
 
Now wait a minute.... Mease just said they do improve milleage, although at the presumed loss of power....

I saw the MPG increase with my own eyes. There is one of those overhead displays in the truck and it was showing 24.9 for the average economy.

Didn't seem to have much of a power loss... although that truck can't get out of its own way so no big deal.

So many doubter.... shame on you all. Remember the world was flat once too.
 
Re: OH SIT!!!!

Honestly, of course you're going to get better fuel mileage with the thing!!!!!

IT RESTRICTS THE INCOMING AIRFLOW TO THE MOTOR!!!!!

I laugh my A$$ off when the commercials come on, its almost like comedy central;) :D :p

Restricting the airflow into the engine means the MAF sensor wont pull the amount of air it "could" be pulling (if there werent a god damn restrictor thingie in there) so obviously low maf readings means the engine calibration will seek to pull fuel out of the injector pulse width...

Hey doesnt the powerplate do the same thing,lol.:eek:
 
hehhe exactly

Originally posted by Renthorin
Now wait a minute.... Mease just said they do improve milleage, although at the presumed loss of power....

I saw the MPG increase with my own eyes. There is one of those overhead displays in the truck and it was showing 24.9 for the average economy.

Didn't seem to have much of a power loss... although that truck can't get out of its own way so no big deal.

So many doubter.... shame on you all. Remember the world was flat once too.

You are correct ...we stated that if the MAF is restricted, obviously the PCM/ECM is going to pull pulsewidth out of the fuel tables, which in turn will provide you with improved fuel economy. BUT you could stick a hockey puck in there and do the same thing (hockey puck= $1.99 Turbo/bon/nato/u/lator thingie is like $100 or $64.95)

Personally I like getting into those fuel tables with a progamming device and changin them ALL around;) forget the 2 hp gain, we can get 25 hp gain EASY from a stock impala with programming;) :cool: :eek: :p
 
chinooks:

Hey doesnt the powerplate do the same thing,lol.

lets not even go there:D :D :D :cool: :eek: :confused: ;)

BTW IC and shizznits arrived today, been sick as a dog here but you will be recieving a stage II intake soon;)

Holy Moley!
 
I used one once with great results.Got it in the mail and was preparing to install when the old windbag (wife) started in on me.Well I grabbed that sucker and gave her a fling, Hit old windbag on a trot at 30 yards.Flies straight hits hard I give it a thumbs up!!!!!!!!
 
Originally posted by nisnutz
I used one once with great results.Got it in the mail and was preparing to install when the old windbag (wife) started in on me.Well I grabbed that sucker and gave her a fling, Hit old windbag on a trot at 30 yards.Flies straight hits hard I give it a thumbs up!!!!!!!!


OH ****!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D stoppit i need the windex again to clear off my screens coffee stains lol!!!

seriously, what is the world coming to?????

Hey the guy had one hell of a business plan though.....take as many peoples money before they figure out what its actually doing. :eek:

S*IT I need to invent something as stupid and hypocritical as this!!! This guys is sittin in his estate drinking martinis all day long between infomercials.....while I bust my a$$ here selling buick parts (lol) geezzzzz:D

Hey mark, I;m sure the second coming of this turbolator/nato thing will definitely issue a "DUAL STAGE" effect....or hell maybe you and I can go in halves on having 2,000,000 of these things made;) Hey, patent pending LOL we could take the martini drinkin' bastads money twice over lol

.....keith...still laughing at the mechanics of this kitchen utensil jammed into a MAF pipen LOL
 
BTW...by the way

Our MAF pipes now have this device built in......here is the pricing

3" - $299.99 + 102.99 shipping and handling:confused: ;) :D

4" - $699.99 + 202.99 shipping and handling:confused: ;) :D

Officially licensed MPE product PATENT PENDING and PROVEN sm print: (to provide horsepower gains of UP TO 25 HP!!!) really small print: (on most vehicles)

whats the interest on a product like this?????
;) :D :confused:
 
Top