You can type here any text you want

Has anyone got thier FAST to work with windows xp?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEARING

My OLD laptop is about to take a dump and the newer one has xp.

Thanks.

Originally posted by TURBO 6
I have XP and it works fine.

Just an FYI as I don't have personal experience in it myself, but v1.02 of C-COM WP is a recommended upgrade when using XP due to some lockup/communications issues with the older C-COM WP versions when being used with XP. You might want to call the FAST tech line for more info on the specific problems encountered. If you already have 1.02, then disregard this note.

Ron

While tunning with a newer puter, the motor went super rich. You may have seen my post awhile back. Then the car wouldn't start. I borrowed a friends FAST and ran a basic set-up, the car started right up. I was thinking something went wrong with the FAST. I sent it back, and they say nothing is wrong, so now it's at another facility so they can put it in a car and dyno it. That got me thinking, I loaded the second FAST with an older puter (win 98). Maybe the XP was causing the problems. I'll let you know.

Originally posted by Hawaiian Turbo
While tunning with a newer puter, the motor went super rich. You may have seen my post awhile back. Then the car wouldn't start. I borrowed a friends FAST and ran a basic set-up, the car started right up. I was thinking something went wrong with the FAST. I sent it back, and they say nothing is wrong, so now it's at another facility so they can put it in a car and dyno it. That got me thinking, I loaded the second FAST with an older puter (win 98). Maybe the XP was causing the problems. I'll let you know.

What did the tables look like when you viewed your "bad FAST" with any computer? Were they the values that you were expecting in the tables?

A good test would be to save your GCT prior to the problem and then do a save all tabes after the problem occurred. Then, you could use any number of PC utilities to compare the 2 GCT files. That would lead you to believe that you had a problem with your laptop or software install of C-COM.

I would bet more that you had a bad FAST ECU than XP causing this problem. If you had said that there was a bunch of gibberish or incorrect numbers in the tables, then it could have possibly been laptop/software related.

I'd be interested in hearing the outcome of your findings.

Ron

They were the numbers I ecpexted to see there. I changed the VE from 0 to 100 and still 9.97 AF.

Here's an update..... FAST found nothing wrong, so I guess it was software related....... I hope. :rolleyes:

I would try windows 2000, if possible. It seems to work well on mine, also check the wideband 02 connector, they have a tendency to screw up intermittently.

Back