has anyone seen or heard these

MELOVEGN

This is a kool website ive been going to and ordered an oil fill tube from when my gasket went (kool one with breather)

well anyway he has this speaker upgrade that supposedly sounds great read the history too sounds kool
what do you guys think especially you audio wizard (please)
http://www.jaysgn.com/stereo.html#stereo
ya gotta scroll down a lil

I havent heard these set-ups yet but the price is very appealing and installation is straight forward with no cutting which is a plus. His kits are good for people that have a budget in mind to give their system an upgrade with out spending alot of money.

Kool

Thanks for the help i will check em out when i can save up the cash and definatley let you guys know

You can buy 10 times better speakers from any stereo store on the planet for way less then that.

There must be a million 3 1/2" speakers out there that sound awesome for under $79.99

Then Kenwood 4x10's (rear deck) are far superior to those things.

Do some tours of stereo stores before you spend that kind of money.

All the speakers are simple drop in's, you can do it yourself in a afternoon.

Thats a joke...
That thing looks like a rip-off for that kinda money..
Most good 3.5" speakers are under $75. I have had polk ex ($40) and Boston acoustics ($69) in my car before. The Bostons were really nice.
Im sorry, you cant get "concert hall" sound from the factory deck. For less than the 4 speaker system, I just put a great sounding system in my van. Alpine cdm-7874 cd head.. has 22x4 rms power. And infinity 4" seperates upfront. For the 6 speaker price, heck, I could really throw some stuff in there.
Bottom line.. you aint gettin concert hall sound out of the factory deck and 3.5" speakers upfront.

Ok in that case
i have the concert sound II package what sizes are which speakers
rear decks are 4x10 i believe
the rest im not sure

Thanx guys

Originally posted by MELOVEGN
Ok in that case
i have the concert sound II package what sizes are which speakers
rear decks are 4x10 i believe
the rest im not sure

Rear deck is 4 x 10 and can install 6 x 9 with adapter.

Doors are 5.25.

Dash is 3.5.

THANX A BUNCH

THANKS VERY MUCH AUDIOWIZARD
one more thing
i already have 6x9 pioneers ad would like to run those is it safe to use existing wiring and put other speakers in place of them
and also where can i get adapters for the 6x9 rears
and also this is just a shot but are there adapters from the old style connecters for the delco speakers to maybe well anything different basically because on the pioneers i know its just two little terminals sticking out and the original connecters dont fit i dont know about the dash or doors though (YET):D

Re: THANX A BUNCH

Originally posted by MELOVEGN
"THANKS VERY MUCH AUDIOWIZARD"

You're Welcome :cool: !

"i already have 6x9 pioneers ad would like to run those is it safe to use existing wiring and put other speakers in place of them"

Yes it is safe, I have even used aftermarket amplifiers to power the factory drivers on the factory wiring (50 to 75 watts a channel max) with no ill effects for years.

"where can i get adapters for the 6x9 rears"

Any car audio shop or places like Best buy, Circuit City, etc......

"and also this is just a shot but are there adapters from the old style connecters for the delco speakers to maybe well anything different basically because on the pioneers i know its just two little terminals sticking out and the original connecters dont fit i dont know about the dash or doors though"

At one time there was a company that we used (cant remember which one) that offered an aftermarket harness for speaker harnesses so you did not have to cut it. We stopped using them because it added more cost to the install so I started making my own (very inexpensive)

You purchase female Scotchlocks (thats what we call them down here ;) ) and clamped them on the very ends of the wiring harness (they cut thru the insulation making contact with bare wire with out cutting harness) and then you use a jumper wire with a male spade connector to plug into each wire (+ and -) then you would use the proper female spade connector to connect to the aftermarket driver.

I am a firm believer in not cutting factory harnesses for aftermarket gear, plus if you wanted to sell car and pull your old gear out and put the original pieces back in then you where able to do so with out having to reconnect the factory harness. I also did not charge the customer any extra for this.

Re: Re: THANX A BUNCH

At one time there was a company that we used (cant remember which one) that offered an aftermarket harness for speaker harnesses so you did not have to cut it. We stopped using them because it added more cost to the install so I started making my own (very inexpensive)

You purchase female Scotchlocks (thats what we call them down here ) and clamped them on the very ends of the wiring harness (they cut thru the insulation making contact with bare wire with out cutting harness) and then you use a jumper wire with a male spade connector to plug into each wire (+ and -) then you would use the proper female spade connector to connect to the aftermarket driver.

I am a firm believer in not cutting factory harnesses for aftermarket gear, plus if you wanted to sell car and pull your old gear out and put the original pieces back in then you where able to do so with out having to reconnect the factory harness. I also did not charge the customer any extra for this.

This sounds AWESOME but im kinda clueless when it comes to this stuff Do you make these connectors anymore maybe i could buy a set from you if you do
or if you have pictures of them so maybe it might help me in trying to make them as far as everything else you are sooo helpful and thanks SOOO much :D

Some shops are nice enough that they will sell them to you or go to an electronics store or auto parts store and purchase them. My digital camera doesnt take good up close pics. I will see if I can dig up some pics of those connectors so you know what I am talking about.

Circuit City I am sure has the factory terminal to aftermarket adapters. I saw them just the other day. I think they are Metra brand. Plugs right into the factory harness and has the correct terminals to hook up aftermarket speakers.

Thanks Very much
i will check that out asap
Are the adapter for a regular 87 regal??
also do you guys have a recomendation as far as:

GOOD/CHEAP
cd am / fm deck
and speakers to run with stock wiring
am i going to need to upgrade my alternator? i seem to remember hearing that somewhere or is that only when you run like two amps and big woofers and stuff or at all??

Thanks for youre help guys i REALLY do appreciate it

Speakers...

Make sure you buy something that has a seperate tweeter. Either seperates or a 2, 3 way speaker. Speakers that have "dual cones" arent as good at reproducing high frequencies. (like the factory speakers)

The stock alternator is pretty good in the GNs. I think it rates around 120 amps. That is great for a mild system. I run 2 amps on mine without a problem. Just make sure your battery cables are in good condition with no corrosion.

As far as a deck... it totally depends on your version of "cheap". Stay away from jensen, koss, urban, roadgear, stuff like that. Sony and pioneer have good "inexpensive" cd heads. You want to buy the best head unit you funds will allow. It is the main piece in a stereo setup. If you have the greatest speakers, amps and processors in the world, it will still sound bad if the head is junk. I tend to prefer Alpine, JVC, and Kenwood.
Make sure you figure out what you want from a system, then choose a head accordingly. If you are gonna want amps, make sure it has pre-outs to hook them up. If you are gonna want a CD changer down the road, you should look for a deck with changer controls. How you listen to music is important. You have to decide where you want to go with a system before building it.
Good luck on your system !! :)

THANKS GUYS

You guys have all been so much help, I REALLY appreciate it. Keep any ideas or suggestions coming
By the way does anyone know where i can get the lil pieces that hold the door panels and stuff on ya know the pieces that you snap in after twisting them into the door
Thanks again guys