You can type here any text you want

Head Bolts [TTY] ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
i just installed some stock replacement head bolts from felpro. I torqued them to 60 ft. pounds and i think i am getting some head lift. What sould torque I them to and is it alright to go back and re torque them seeing that they are TTY bolts?? Does the head lifting damage any thing??

i just installed some stock replacement head bolts from felpro. I torqued them to 60 ft. pounds and i think i am getting some head lift. What sould torque I them to and is it alright to go back and re torque them seeing that they are TTY bolts?? Does the head lifting damage any thing??

It will blow out a HG. I would have torqued them down to about 75lbs, starting at 55lbs, then in 10lb increments until you get to 75lbs. I guess you could torque them down again, but not 100% positive.

Yes you can re-torque them One Time. thats what I've read about them altho I use ARP Studs on mine but I wouldnt be to concerned about taking them up to 75lbs myself. Also did you use the factory pins or dowels or aftermarket? Were the holes Nice & Clean? Aftermarket are a Tiny bit on the long side. I always clean the holes with a drill bit & just sand down the ends a bit so I know they arent too long.

Back