You can type here any text you want

Head Gaskets ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

8urV8

What are you guys having luck with headgaskets? I have a set of champion aluminum heads to add on my new motor.If I go with cometics what is the part number?Any info would help with part numbers that some of you guys are using.

Thanks,
Eric

I like the 9441 Fel Pros. Corteco has a new gasket out now that works good too. You can't go wrong with the 9441.

I just ordered some champion alum heads and got the cometics. I ordered them from cotton but they are getting dropped shipped from champion I think. They were on back order, but they should have them in by now. I think cometics are the way to go.

Does anyone have part numbers for the cometics?

C5691-060 for the 60K thick ones
(have a brand new set sitting in my hot little hands I might sell).

C5691-090 for the 90K thick ones

While were on the subject I am putting my motor back in this weekend after blowing five cylinders in my 11.20's T. Had second gear completely let go to neutral at 26# boost just before the shift to third, God knows where RPM and boost went before detonating and blowing five cylinders into the lifter galley. Two rods, new pistons and a crank later (will post pics of the head gaskets).
Installing a pop off valve.

I bought the cometics but am not sure I want to use them. I have had good luck with the stock type gaskets but want other opinions if anyone uses cometics please.

Motor as always was professionally rebuilt by a known Buick guru. New Wiesco forged 8-1's, all surfaces bored, honed, decked, aligned and balanced. Steel crank main caps and APR studs throughout.
Anyway how about those cometics?

Thanks guys.

Mikey

you need a very smooth deck surface for the cometics something like a ra52 i think. spray them with copper spray.

you need a very smooth deck surface for the cometics something like a ra52 i think. spray them with copper spray.

All surfaces have been leveled.

I use silver high temp paint over copper (nascar uses silver) they say it is better. I don't know why.

I have been told to spray cometics.

I have been told not to spray cometics just use a very light smear of silicone high temp around water passages.

I have been told to drill out the rivets.

I have been told to not drill out the rivets.

So many opinions only one engine. And my wife will look at me funny if I blow it again.

Mikey

Back