You can type here any text you want

head gaskets

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

garrett

I have two different sets of steel head gaskets I'm considering using on my next project. One is a GM steel head gasket that is close to what RJC racing bulletproof head gaskets are, except it isn't stainless steel. The other is a FelPro steel head gasket that I believe is for a 85 turbo 3.8. the Felpro part no is 8723pt1. I have some of the left over goop from the RJC head gaskets that I installed in the past. Which gasket is better/tougher?

Gaskets

The 8723PT1 is not a turbo gasket. Do not use that gasket, use the STEEL gasket and put the black goop on it. Torque the heads per spec and let it sit for a couple of days. You'll have a great seal then.:D

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I was kind of leaning that way already. What are these Felpro steel gaskets for? Just curious...

What is this goop and where might one get some? I have a head gasket job to do sometime soon, and want to make sure its done right.:cool:

Goop

The "Goop" I was refering to is supplied in the RJC racing kit. I believe is is a 3M product.

I still would like to know what these Fel Pro steel gaskets are supposed to be used for?

They are for a NON-turbo 3.8 Buick. They will work on your car, but only to about 8 psi boost. Then they're DONE!!!! Same with the ROL head gaskets, too.

The black goop that you are asking about is a GE product. I believe it is some sort of asphalt. if you want a part # i can find it for you.

Back