You can type here any text you want

Head Gaskets.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dr_frankenstein

Mad Scientist
I know this was brought up in HA section, but I wanted a few B4B guys opinions as to what we are going to do when the steel shims are completly gone.

I dont like giving up the compression using the 9441, and I cant seem to find an MLS type gasket that crushes that thin....

any ideas?

:confused:A.j.

I just read that and have been watching your thread like a hawk! LOL

I was wondering the same thing, I remember reading somewhere that RJC was going to release a special thin Steel shim head gasket like the one they offer in there bullet proof kit.

that is what we need...... or how hard is it to reproduce the original steel shims?

:biggrin:A.j.

It's stamped steel so you'd need a BIG hydrolic press and the dies for them. I agree about the compression factor but if you're not running a 3.8 you can't use the stamped steel ones. The 4.1 need a bigger bore gasket and it's ashamed that no one ever made one for these. I'm gonna be using the Felpro 1000 gasket because I've used them before with good results. Hopefully I'll be able to order the pistons I want for my engine. BTW, Aj. you still need to send me some pics of the 4" pistons and the part # please.

It's stamped steel so you'd need a BIG hydrolic press and the dies for them. I agree about the compression factor but if you're not running a 3.8 you can't use the stamped steel ones. The 4.1 need a bigger bore gasket and it's ashamed that no one ever made one for these. I'm gonna be using the Felpro 1000 gasket because I've used them before with good results. Hopefully I'll be able to order the pistons I want for my engine. BTW, Aj. you still need to send me some pics of the 4" pistons and the part # please.

Shucks, which ones Charlie? LOL, were they that hyperutectic set, or the venolia set? or the probes?................ I think it was the venolia long rod set I got from Mike that you were wanting.

I got so many sets now. lol

But on the gaskets, Im going to see if I can call RJC about those thin ones they list but are not available yet, I think those may be our best hope.

Anyways, I sent ya a little something charlie - not all of it, but a start. so check yer email!

Shucks, which ones Charlie? LOL, were they that hyperutectic set, or the venolia set? or the probes?................ I think it was the venolia long rod set I got from Mike that you were wanting.

I got so many sets now. lol

But on the gaskets, Im going to see if I can call RJC about those thin ones they list but are not available yet, I think those may be our best hope.

Anyways, I sent ya a little something charlie - not all of it, but a start. so check yer email!

The ones you got from Mike are the ones I wanna see.:biggrin:

RJC shoud have them soon. They've been out for a while so I hope they get some in soon.

Thanks Aj. I still haven't gotten used to the 2 week pay check and my loss. It's appreciated and I'll see about getting everything boxed up for you this weekend.:eek:

Back