You can type here any text you want

Head porting.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
No such thing as far as I know... Unless you know a kid with an electric drill and a grinding stone. :)

Africa, huh? How is that going over there?

The least expensive ones I have seen are CNC ported and cost around $700 exchange. I don't have the link right now but one of our members does it and has a thread in the for sale section.

Yea.. sort of what I thought. I had to ask though, as there are some fanatics, who just enjoy the heck out of workin' on cars as a side hobby, and don't charge a whole lot.
Like me. I love working on guns. Whenever someone has a problem, I just do it. I never charge. Just the joy of workin' on the gun is enough for me.

But I did find someone on google, a website, that charges a hundred bucks for a mild ''street port''.. Whaddya say?

Yea.. sort of what I thought. I had to ask though, as there are some fanatics, who just enjoy the heck out of workin' on cars as a side hobby, and don't charge a whole lot.
Like me. I love working on guns. Whenever someone has a problem, I just do it. I never charge. Just the joy of workin' on the gun is enough for me.

But I did find someone on google, a website, that charges a hundred bucks for a mild ''street port''.. Whaddya say?

You have to know who you are dealing with. I have seen Heads brought to me that looked like they were Ported with Eyes closed..:eek:
Scarey Chit. and I mean MANY...
get it done right the first time.

Id say whats the history of this said "Porter" .......... could be a blind guy with a hachet! ask for some pics, see some previous work... ask if he has ever done buick stuff.

:biggrin: A.j.

Looked at the site and they seem to do only SBC and BBC stuff. You might just want to look for a thread in the engine section about building a flow bench. Lot's of good info about where you need to cut with plenty of pics btw.

Back