You can type here any text you want

Head Questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
Did a search and it doesnt seem to be too clear on bolting GN1R heads to a 3.8
What about S2 heads on a 3.8?
I have a .030 block that is girdled with all the good parts built by Weber to support the power, but didnt know if I would have valve clearance issues.

You have to clearance the bore for the gn1rs. As far as s2 heads, you need a set with 2.02 valves. Most have 2.10 or larger. Standard gn1s with a port job will support more power than most 109 blocks can.

Did a search and it doesnt seem to be too clear on bolting GN1R heads to a 3.8
What about S2 heads on a 3.8?
I have a .030 block that is girdled with all the good parts built by Weber to support the power, but didnt know if I would have valve clearance issues.

you have a long way to go before you exhaust the TTA heads ... stock unopened TTA's have trapped 124 and change .. @ 130 I would start thinking about a different configuration.

personally since your car seems more like a strip car .. do yourself a serious favor .. save your money for a LS motor with just a few small things done to a stock motor .. you can be trapping 140's and not even lean on it hard. Let the V6 go .. its a great little motor for hi 10's low 11's ... a turbo LS in your car will literally just walk in the 9's

Stage 2 heads will physically bolt onto stock Buick V6 blocks........but

There are a few reasons that make it very impractical:
Requires Stage 2 specific intake manifold, exhaust headers, cam, oddfire cam drive components, specific cam, rocker arms, valve covers.

If you can fabricate parts yourself, or you have a really big budget, This could be an option.

I ran a full S2 engine (S2 heads and block) in my racecar for many years. I like them, but not sure I'd do it again unless I hit the Lotto.

I don't own a TTA but I do have a set of heads for one......when compared to my 8445 heads the exhaust ports seem to be in a slightly different location??? Is this true and would this cause the OP any problems ???

I don't own a TTA but I do have a set of heads for one......when compared to my 8445 heads the exhaust ports seem to be in a slightly different location??? Is this true and would this cause the OP any problems ???

No as long as he uses matching 8445 mating components

I'm using the T/A S/E race ported, stock bore, (soon to be 20 over) they're great. You couldn't go wrong w/them. They are a little pricey, especially the rockers, but they can go up to a 1.75 rocker ratio if necessary. They are taller over all w/the valve covers?!

Your TTA headers WILL NOT FIT with anything other than stock TTA heads. TTA (or front wheel drive 3.8 heads) are completely different than an 8445, GN1, or TA head. You will have to have headers fabricated to fit the F Body chassis. It'll be a very tight fit, too. I built an oval 3.5" stainless down pipe for a TTA and it took me probably 30-35 hours to do it. (And, no.,.......I don't want to do it again). I also fabbed up 3"oval tubing for a Precision front mount, too. Them cars are tough to work on. Hope you upgraded the rear end, too.

Your TTA headers WILL NOT FIT with anything other than stock TTA heads. TTA (or front wheel drive 3.8 heads) are completely different than an 8445, GN1, or TA head. You will have to have headers fabricated to fit the F Body chassis. It'll be a very tight fit, too. I built an oval 3.5" stainless down pipe for a TTA and it took me probably 30-35 hours to do it. (And, no.,.......I don't want to do it again). I also fabbed up 3"oval tubing for a Precision front mount, too. Them cars are tough to work on. Hope you upgraded the rear end, too.

I kept looking at the heads that I have and still didn't see how it would be a simple swap.

Are you saying a GN Production header on a set of GN1's wont fit in in a Fbody ???? because if that's what your saying its just not true . Been done and fits

Ken,
I have followed a lot of your post because I believe you are one of the more talented people on this board, however, in this post, you have come off as being a little brash.

Back