Header Panel

I guess no one has tried this one.

Usually when someone tries installing a new header panel that’s not oem,there are horror stories about fit and quality.

I posted a request for a quality header panel in the New Parts Request section quite a while ago.

Supposedly spoolfool has one in the works. ??

i wouldnt do it buy a used one .dont know about this particular one but its probably the same junk .Classic Industries dont make what they sell they buy it

i wouldnt do it buy a used one .dont know about this particular one but its probably the same junk .Classic Industries dont make what they sell they buy it

The problem is finding a used one. Then when you do,it most likely will need repair.

Header panels from a regular Regal aren’t an option,either. That hood ornament hole shows no matter how good the body man. But,that’s a better option than an aftermarket one that doesn’t fit correctly.

I remember a thread about aftermarket header panels a few years back. A bodyman who owns a GN bought one to try. He spent hours trying to get it to look right and still wasn’t happy with it.

Yeah, I was hoping that it would be the one we have been waiting for. I bought one from another company and none of the mounting points were there. It was a custom build with new mounts and fit perfectly, however I couldn't get the new mounts to work right. Needless to say it was DOA.

I did hear that Spool Fool had one in the works. He said that he hoped to have it out by spring 2018. So I'm not holding my breath on that either. If he does bring out, he better have a crap load in stock as I'm sure they will sell well.

so, without even seeing one, or getting any feed back you condemn them?
wow,

wow,
I didn't really take it as them condemning them. I am so used to seeing parts that don't make the grade, I usually approach each new product with a good bit of skepticism. How many times have we Turbo Buick owners been ripped off? I'm just trying to lessen the impact of bad products by asking first.

wow,
All you have to do is do a search on the subject. Im not uneducated about the subject .I consider myself informed .That is why used 30 year old T-type headers are bringing 500-600 dollars and used .Gn Headers 700-800 dollars ..Also why Spoolfool is working on filling the void .Just do a search on this very site

This T has one, you can't even tell. The guy I bought the car from said the mounting holes where a little off an you had to assemble the light bucks in place other then that, looks good. I'll take more pictures if needed an where here bought it from. New light bezels also!
8c30e2d67aa2254cf7b4df922c540844.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

not saying good or bad about the ones from classic ind.
but for someone to just say " its probably same junk"
is very bold, ( and NOT VERY INFORMED)
compare one to an OEM one, and bring up the differences , good and bad.
then voice an opinion,
I have seen some "chinese" ones, they looked nice, and not beat up like a 30+ yr old
one looks,
if you want to pay 500-600 or 700-800 GN , that'd be your choice,

but again, compare them before condemning them,

This T has one, you can't even tell. The guy I bought the car from said the mounting holes where a little off an you had to assemble the light bucks in place other then that, looks good. I'll take more pictures if needed an where here bought it from. New light bezels also!
8c30e2d67aa2254cf7b4df922c540844.jpg

Might be the angle of the pic or lighting but the passenger side hood line looks uneven as well as where the pass bumper filler meets it.
Nice Monte side views

you mean like this one uninformed yea right .I bought 1000 worth of stuff from Classic industries when i restored my 65 and got 1000 worth of bad fitting junk or wrong parts .Ended up using used oem stuff .Only one part was a good reproduction .Buy it, Fight it and have fun with it .Im just saying i would buy a known good oem part. Why wouldnt you buy from a supporting vendor anyway
There are at least a handfull of threads like this on this site .If you google it there are dozens.
https://turbobuick.com/threads/new-header-panel.455736/

This T has one, you can't even tell. The guy I bought the car from said the mounting holes where a little off an you had to assemble the light bucks in place other then that, looks good. I'll take more pictures if needed an where here bought it from.

Might be the angle of the pic or lighting but the passenger side hood line looks uneven as well as where the pass bumper filler meets it.
Nice Monte side views
Mirrors are crap nonfunctional at all.
The hood shocks are adjusted bad.
Patatoe,potato.I think it looks good.
Only other thing was it didnt have mounting spots for the upper light bezels.
e76b6c6037d2e23bda8cfc003b1a54de.jpg

If you do find an OEM one , to fill the hole, the body shop can use Vette Panel adhesive ( 2 part set up) the thing is once you put it on, let it fully dry and cure, do it again because the stuff will shrink and get had as a rock. I have filled the holes in 3 of my extra header panels and 2 for guys that wanted the emblem off of their Regal's gone. I have even used a ball burr on cracks and filled those in to the point where they were completely unnoticeable after bodywork. If you find one with the headlight buckets cracked or broken, fiberglass can be used to reinforce that area. One of my screw in studs that mount to the radiator support broke off and fiberglass was used to strengthen and rebuild the area that it screws into on the header panel. I know Spoolfool will only release a 100% top quality part that checks all of the boxes for fit and trim but until then I will keep collecting all the header panels that I can get my hands on. Piece of cake for a good body man and I don't even consider myself good......yet.

Only other thing was it didnt have mounting spots for the upper light b

You will have to show me how to adjust the hood shocks

Only other thing was it didnt have mounting spots for the upper light b

You will have to show me how to adjust the hood shocks
Well, I guess I called them the wrong name. there the hood stops on the Radiator support .adjusted poorly.

The only major problem I see is why Classic Industries claimed it uses the original mounting points , and only display the front and not the back where one would like to see the mounting points. For the price I would like to see every angle of the header panel; I'll keep my money in my pocket until right one comes along.
Many years ago I too was looking for a non-hood ornament hole, and never found it.
The side marking light support hole was cracked and a piece was missing so I repaired the missing part, block sanded, painted the both bumper fillers and the header panel.
Good luck in finding one, as these cars are up in ages and a decent will be hard to find

Attachments

• 20161017_113206.jpg
    20161017_113206.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 20161116_135428.jpg
    20161116_135428.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 20161116_135505.jpg
    20161116_135505.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 51
  • 20170930_153705.jpg
    20170930_153705.jpg