Header wrap

1dollardog

Are we there yet?
How well does header wrap work to keep some of the up and down pipe heat out of the engine compartment?

I would get a good ceramic coating. Header wrap will have you itching like crazy. You have to spray something on it to keep it from rotting too. If you like the mummy header look go for it .

My brother has it on the headers of his big block Vega.

I have it on my up and downpipe, it makes a difference. before I could see the heat rising from the passenger side engine compartment, with the wrap it no longer does that, and i can lean on the downpipe even after driving hard... although it does make you really itchy. next step is to do an AC delete like I did, and take the seal off to open up a gap between the hood and the windshield, now my engine compartment is almost the same as outside temp. and dont worry about defrost.. the turbo takes care of that. LOL!:eek:

I have one of my pipes done like that since I did it, it has not melted any of the nearby wires like the alt and 3 plug wires on that side...... it works and works good, but like the other guy said ceramic coating will work too, so it just depends on how you want it to look and how much you want to spend.

DSCF3162.JPG