headliner woe's

Gn-Krazzie

"Dude what happened to your headliner"

anybody have a source for the grey headliner material in Canada for 86GN hardtop ?

I know about the Jax kit but I want to save the brokerage and freight charges across the border.

What success have you had with doing it yourself ?

Try Jo-Ann fabric for headliner materal. I did mine 2yrs ago.
If no Jo-Anns try other fabric shops.

I'm doing mine right now. Went down to an automotive apollstrey store. Matched it up to the headliner. Bought 2 1/2 yards and a can of glue for around $30.00. Took the liner out yesterday. Took a metal bondo spreader and scraped it all off. The took some 3M adhessive remover. Wet it down and brushed it all off with a stiff knuckle brush. Today I'm going to glue it on and install itback in.

One problem I had is I need to buy new clips for the back trim piece. Dose anybody have an idea where to get them? I'll try the dealership today.

Thanks for the input! Any Canadian Turbo buick owner's know of a good Canadian auto upholstery supplier ??

I am game for trying it myself just worried about finger imprints etc. I want it to look factory, but its all in the preparation i guess

We carry the original headliner material shipped & insured USPS to canada for $65.00.
Just let us know what insurance value you want on it before it goes thru customs.

Jax Rocks, no more saggy, saggy

I would just like to say the Jax Headliner kit is awsome. Did the replacement a couple of weeks back. The results looks factory/ showroom quality. The glue provided with the kit works without a hitch, just make sure you spray both the board and the foam backed material as per instructions with the kit, this contradicts the instructions on the can itself. As always prep is the key, make sure all the foam residue is cleaned off the headliner board ( the most important detail ) I would recommend Jax to anyone !

ciao

Bweavy said:
We carry the original headliner material shipped & insured USPS to canada for $65.00.
Just let us know what insurance value you want on it before it goes thru customs.
Hey Brian, do you know where we can get the clips for the front and rear headliner trim pieces?

Yes we have them in stock.The fronts are about $1.00 each & the rears are like $2.00 each.I forgot the exact figure to the cent but I'm sure it's pretty close.