You can type here any text you want

Heater box issue

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
On a current stage II installation Mac in SD & others warned me about haveing to modify the heater houseing for valve cover clearence. I thought I had the answer by notching the valve cover. That seemed like it would work. So I went along & did the install got the car running & went to remove the cover to check the valves & much to my dismay I didn't after all have enough clearence. So the moral here is yes the houseing has to be modified. I now know why useing the production top end & hardware is so popular.As opposed to useing the stage heads. This install has been a real labor intensive project everything had to be hand built. I won't be doing another one of these any time soon. LOL

Lou,

It is all worth it since the stage 2 heads almost never blow up like some of the aftermarket stage 1 aluminum stuff does. Also as you know the 80 to 90 extra cfm don't hurt either =).

What ever happened to your race car that you sold to Glen Redmond??? Does he still run that thing??? How fast did he get it to go???

Originally posted by John Wilde
Lou,

It is all worth it since the stage 2 heads almost never blow up like some of the aftermarket stage 1 aluminum stuff does. Also as you know the 80 to 90 extra cfm don't hurt either =).

What ever happened to your race car that you sold to Glen Redmond??? Does he still run that thing??? How fast did he get it to go???
That was my contention I finally got to drive the car after thrashing on it so long . The driveability is great The air, cruise etc. everything works. Haven't stuck my foot in it yet. Still have some minor issues to deal with. It would of been a lot easier if those items wern't needed. I wish I knew how to post some pics. of it .You guys would drool This car is a 10. Glenn Redmond sold my old race car awhile ago & it's now in Texas. He pulled 400 pds. out of it & ran some 8.30's with it. He now has my TT V/8 car that he drives on the street scareing whom ever is foolish enough to ride with him. LOL

Hey Lou if you need help in taking pictures and posting them on the board I wouldn't mind helping you out. Just let me know.

Oh ya hey lou theres going to be a little get together at Fontana, id love to see you there and lay down those incredable .5XX reaction times again. If you get a chance come on down, you know that your knowledge and expertise is always welcome where ever you go, maby this time we'll all go eat again and you can hit on the cute waitrises ;)

Mark

Back