hello with very important a question

83GS350

Hi to all who like to blow doors with a buick!

Does anyone know if there were ANY GN's built from 85-87 that were convertiables?
I ask because there is a guy that lived in Saint Louis (around 1991) that had one. The car looked like it came from the factory like this. I was 11 and had no clue what kind of car it was. THIS REALLY F**KD ME UP by the time I knew what kind of car it was I was about 16 and the guy had moved so I wasn't able to talk him.

If anybody know anything or finds anything out give me a hollar thanks

I seen one at a dealer in chicago back in 1990 or 1991 . They were custom made .The sales guy said it was a $9600.00 conversion.The car looked cool with the top down but put it up and it is a differant story. I know ASC did convertibles for gm on camaros but I dont think thay did any g-body cars

same info here, gm made no convertable grandnationals or turbo's, I too have seen a convertable but i spoke with the guy and he told me the same
he ask GM, they told him " no, can do " so he had it custom made, i will check cause if correct one of the guys in the So-Florida area took care of his car. will look again.

More info on this convertible thing. Here's an opinion from an old guy regarding aftermarket convertibles. And probably more than you want to know(and why is this a very important question anyway...never mind)

Any car manfactured without a roof must have special frame and body bracing because the lack of a roof structure will result in stress on the mid body. My best friend had a ford falcon sprint convertible( a factory convertible) which bent in the middle when four people got in the car..the doors would not close. After-market convertibles are a waste of time and money because they usually do not have correct or adequate body and frame bracing, not to mention the do it your self looking convertible tops. While there are many and sundry things people have done to Buick turbo cars, please don't tell me some idiot cut the roof off a GN.

And now you know why a lot of really desperately serious Buick guys don't even like T-tops. Yes, thats right, a T-top does not have the structural rigidity of a hard top car. And you like the idea of a convertible turbo car. Ouch! But hey young man, if you like the turbo regal cars, you are definitely on the right track!!!

Like I said probably more than you want to know. P.S. please don't ask me what a ford falcon sprint is.