HELP!! ac/fan electrical problem/question

wamatam

boost junky
i am having an issue with a friends 86 buick t-type the ac was working a while back i saw that they pulled the sensor on the AC drier can and bridged it with a wire from side to side in the connector? it was working like this a while back he said but now there is power at the connector when you turn inside ac switch on and it turns off when you turn it off on dash as well. my question is why doesnt it get to the ac compressor clutch plug? the small 2 wire round plug that is directly on the back of the compressor housing is plugged in as well and no bad connection.

then there is another switch i am guessing for the high or hot side of the system which is on a hose that comes directly out the back of the compressor that conn has 3 wires going to it one of them has no power or signal at all the middle wire when i check for power the fan will momentarily kick on as if i had grounded it then the other wire has power when key is on or off no matter if the AC system is on.

here is what i wanted to do is make this system work the way it should work before i start rigging in my own new relays for both the AC and FAN system, can anyone help me out here im trying to be patient but electrical has always been my weakness.

can anyone tell me what the 3 relays on the driver side inner fender are for? theres 2 small ones (which i believe are for the AC and FAN) and then a larger rectangular 2 plug relay next to them both what are these for exactly.

p.s. the ac compressor clutch is not locked up as i connected direct power on and off to it to see if it engages and disengages and it does.

please help i need AC

well i figured out some more of my issue it seems to be as both hi and low speed relays are working but the big rectangular delay relay isnt i had to ground out the green wire on the plug closeset to thge engine in order for them to come on and turn off when you turn key back.

does anyone have a DELAY relay in good working order lying around. can you buy these new?