Help, Confused about authenticity of GN

Allanon93

Hey, first post on this website though I’ve had some things really bothering me about my 85 Grand National I just purchased. I’m going to attach a picture of a neat little paper I got along with it. Though, after doing some research I get more and more anxious. So, I’d like to start with the trunk code says WE2 but it’s also been restuck to the trunk lid. Breaking down the VIN says it’s a GN. The center console is Correct with the the two ton black on bottom. My big red flag is that there is a filled in hole in the front area where a badge used to be, and my trunk lid doesn’t have a GN logo on the left side and no holes where one used to be like the front badge area does. These are the things I’ve noticed so far and any help figuring out anymore information would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for the novel!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 184
Could be a replacement header panel as far as the hood ornament goes. I think the emblems have adhesive on the back so there should be no holes.

The GN emblems where installed with double stick tape.

You shouldn't have holes on the fenders at all for any emblems, if that's what you mean.

The header panel could have come from a plain-jane Regal.

Post the info. from or a clear picture of the metal cowl tag under the drivers wiper area.

Do a Carfax there was probably an accident sometime in it's history and a replacement panel installed, same with the trunk lid, or the whole car was painted and that tag was removed and reattached.