Help- Extender or TT ???

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
If a person has a dual nozzle alky kit and wants to go with the Trans+ or Trans pro.
1) Knowing the trans + or Trans pro's work well with the Extender chips..
2) Knowing Turbo Tweek chips work well with alky..

Can a Extender chip be made for alky like the Turbo Tweek chip???

It's nice to use the Extender chip with the Trans+/Trans Pro for it's feature's.
It's nice to use the Turbo Tweek chip with alky, proven to work well together.

What to do???

If a person has a dual nozzle alky kit and wants to go with the Trans+ or Trans pro.
1) Knowing the trans + or Trans pro's work well with the Extender chips..
2) Knowing Turbo Tweek chips work well with alky..

Can a Extender chip be made for alky like the Turbo Tweek chip???

It's nice to use the Extender chip with the Trans+/Trans Pro for it's feature's.
It's nice to use the Turbo Tweek chip with alky, proven to work well together.

What to do???

There is no specific "alky" extender chip as the adjustments have enough range to tune for the alky.

The T+ is no longer available. So shop the parts for sale section for one.

Bob

The 98/100 octane extender extreme chip I use is about the same timing wise as my TT alky. chip.

I use the T+, 3.5" LS1 MAF, and extender chip on one car the TT chip and stock MAF on the other.

They both work about the same HP wise on pump gas and alky. :)

If you get a used T+ I'd get the latest software for it and the extender chip for 98/100 octane if you are gonna run alky. full time.

" Can a Extender chip be made for alky like the Turbo Tweek chip??? "

Answer is yes based on my experiences.

Just my .02.

Great info & Thanks Bob! I may buy (Turbo Dave's old set-up) or go with the pro like he did. I'm sure alot of people here would like to here what chips & set-up's between the two have been working! If your running with a (Trans+)-(Trans-pro) post up, I'm sure people here would like the feed back.

Thanks!
Scot w.

The pro is like having a adjustable chip at you finger tips. You can tune for whatever you want to do.

Great info & Thanks Bob! I may buy (Turbo Dave's old set-up) or go with the pro like he did. I'm sure alot of people here would like to here what chips & set-up's between the two have been working! If your running with a (Trans+)-(Trans-pro) post up, I'm sure people here would like the feed back.

Thanks!
Scot w.

Not being an expert on alky tuning, I would still think that a 98 octane Extender/Extreme would be as close to an alky chip as you could get. It's a matter of timing differences.
Even if running a 98 octane extender on the street, you could just turn back the timing (both base and wot in the case of the Trans +) for street use, or turn it up for racing/alky street kills. Or, if you're comfortable with always having a reliable source of alky being injected then just leave the base 98 octane settings intact.

If you are running alky, then likely you are running higher boost.

That being said, keep in mind the extender/translator (either Gen II or PRO) will meter air well above the 255gps that the TT with stock MAF will do, providing more accurate fueling and tuneability.

As an aside, we put a std translator/extender setup on a stock GN last night, and the AF reading was about 280gps at 16psi with a stock turbo.

Here's a shot of a 10 sec pass with an Extender Extreme chip and single nozzle Methanol. Wideband reading looks pretty flat. MPH is off because of 28" tires. Actual trap speed was 125.

1099at125.jpg

Anyone know why Eric doesn't have the MAF range feature on his chips? Is he just trying not to step on the other guys toes by offering the same thing? I ask because I love TT chips and the fact that you can ask Eric to program other little things into the chip but I wish I could have the 255+ that the extender offers.

Here's a shot of a 10 sec pass with an Extender Extreme chip and single nozzle Methanol. Wideband reading looks pretty flat. MPH is off because of 28" tires. Actual trap speed was 125.

1099at125.jpg

Wow Steve, those are some smooth readings.

Anyone know why Eric doesn't have the MAF range feature on his chips? Is he just trying not to step on the other guys toes by offering the same thing? I ask because I love TT chips and the fact that you can ask Eric to program other little things into the chip but I wish I could have the 255+ that the extender offers.

I'm curious about that too.

Eric and I discussed it a few years ago and both agreed to respect each other's inventions. (it keeps the playground friendly)

Bob

Subscribed. Currently running an extender, and T+. Just ordered alkycontrol. Need a new/re-flashed chip now....

Extreme pro chip

I decided to go with the extender pro chip . With this chip you can adjust for almost anything.

perhaps not, what is your chip number?

Bob,
I had a Translator Plus until it got stolen recently. I am going to buy the new Gen 2 or maybe the Pro. I still have the Extender chip from before. So what is it that has to be changed in it and just curious why, the technical side of it?

The new chip have the timing code in them that your old chip does not have. On the T+ the timing was done with switches in the box and was across the board. With the GEN 2 it is done over the RPM band and chan be changed at different RPM points so new code was created for the chip so it could understand what the GEN 2 was doing
Mike