You can type here any text you want

Help in Orlando

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FirePWR

Hey guys. Well, I had an 86 GN and got rid of it for school money, but I have come back to my senses. I am looking at an 85 T-Type in Longwood, at a used car dealership called "Super Sport Autos". It is an 85 with a 89 TTA engine, supposedly 120k on the body 40k on the engine. It has some mods, but of course the dealer doesn't know anything other than it is the greatest car ever and that its faster than even his Viper. I drove it and yes, its fast, but I don't really have the experience to really make a judgement on it. Is there anyone in the area that might be willing to come out with me to this shop and help me check it out? I do apprieciate it. If noone can, or knows a shop that will do it for some kind of fee, then so be it, but I dont wanna buy this one blind. Thanks alot. Preston
seal19904@aol.com
321-432-8578

When were you thinking about going back? I live right by UCF and wouldnt mind helping you out. Email and we can set up a time to head over.

Scott

Hey man be carefull buying a car from that place most of the cars they sell are junk,or have been totaled or pieced together in some way I looked at a gn there that wasn't really a gn,just a regal they tried to pass off! just trying to be helpful. but if you need my help I'll go with you to look at it,email me and I'll give you my #. Alan

Hi,I agree with Alan. That place is a chop shop in disguise. If they aren't asking a lot for it and you already know its pieced together than its worth checking out but the last couple of TRs I've seen down there weren't worth the price for what they were. I hate to be so blunt about it but I would hate to see your hard earned cash go towards to purchase of a POS! Hey while everyone is reading this maybe someone has seen something better for sale out there?

Eric Fisher

Yea, thats why I am looking for a little help. Definately got bad vibes from these guys, but I figured that the only way you can get a diamond is going into the coal mine. The T-Type he has is an 1985 with an 89 TTA motor with "35k" but noone knows for sure, of course. T-Tops, A/C, PW, P. Antenna, and thats about it. Radio isn't working, a little surface rust on the car, etc. and it has been sitting for 3 months, and he has had it for 6 months. The engine has a hard idle to it. Almost sounds like a cracked motor mount. The spark plugs are old and the gas is old, and he guy is telling me that the fella that sold it to him told him it needs a new fuel pressure regulator and wires to run a higher setting on the thumbwheel chip. It has cold air intake, maybe 3", 3.5" MAF (not sure), 3" downpipe, stock intercooler(looks like a TTA intercooler though, so thats good) blue tops, trans was rebuild for "street" and it shifts hard. Now, the big thing, the turbo is not stock I don't think. Guy tried to say it was a "76, or 66, something" but admittedly he didnt know. I know its Garrett and thats bout all I could tell, but I really doubt it was anywhere near that big. The car ran real strong, breaking traction all over the place, the car started rough, smoking some and with a shakey idle, but after we ran it around a bit it was burning clean and idling alot better. Made sense when he told me it had been sitting for 3 months. The turbo is in the right spot. It's def. an LC2 motor. The guy that was taking me around with it ran it when he first got it, saying that it would murder anytihng he had on his lot other than his viper, and he actually was somewhat knowledgeable, going off of what the first owner had told him I'm sure. And i would definately plan a nice fat tune job by a pro, maybe Cal Hartline over here in Brevard county. Are there any good Buick guys in Orlando, as far as shops go? He is asking 5975 by the way. Thanks for all of yalls help....I am hoping to go out sometime this week.
Preston
321-432-8578

That car sounds very familiar. Go to Turbobuicks.com and post for Orlando_87GN. This sounds like the car the owner of the Sanford Ammoco used to have.

Mike

Hey,I just talked to Kevin down at Aamco Trans. in Sanford. That sure sounds like his car. And I qoute Kevin "if that is my old car stay away from it, I sold it about 3 years ago to a guy that drove the wheels of it. He must have put 80,000 miles on it since I owned it and the repaint he had done wasn't that great". Hope this helps. Kevins number is 407-322-0564.

Eric

Back