You can type here any text you want

help me pick an exhaust

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tracy

I know this is pretty subjective, but I would really like to hear your opinions on what the nicest sounding for a TTA is.

Here is my goal.

Throaty exhaust note. As close as possible to the deep tone a V8 makes. I know it will never sound like a healthy V8, but something close to that deep tone is what I'm after

I just purchased a THDP and need to replace the Flowmaster system currently on the car.

The Flowmaster actually sounds okay to me, but I know they are not optimal for a turbo car.

I have the SLP 2 on the left. Sounds nice at idle, kind of mellow. Not overly loud at WOT.

I have the ATR 3" stainless exhaust system. It's sounds great and is throaty.

Originally posted by nwarky
I have the ATR 3" stainless exhaust system. It's sounds great and is throaty.

that's a dual outlet system like the stock piece right?

To make sure I am explaining this correctly, two pipes exit the one muffler but the tips do not have the "dual snorkel" appearance like the original exhaust tips. I have no interest in influencing you but this system truly does sound like a V8. As another comparison I had an older SS dual exhaust with dual mufflers from Kenne-Bell on a Turbo Regal and I hated it because at 35-40 mph it had the worst drone imaginable and you know you drive a lot at 35-40 mph when driving in town! The ATR exhaust does not have a drone but it is throaty.

Dean

I run the ATR 3" cross flow set up also. I have always been very pleased with the sound at idle and cruising. That said the car still sounds like a weed wacker on crack when she's hard into boost though.

HTH: Jason

Originally posted by postal
I run the ATR 3" cross flow set up also. I have always been very pleased with the sound at idle and cruising. That said the car still sounds like a weed wacker on crack when she's hard into boost though.

HTH: Jason
Which is why I went with an SLP ;)

I have the ATR also and have gone 10.75@124.95 through it, it sounds nice at idle and cruise. My wategate dumps to atmosphere so I cant really say how it sounds at WOT but it does have a strange crackle when you let off the throttle at higher revs.

HTH,
Steve

Back