HELP me please

S

Sleeper87

When i start my freshly rebuilt motor from GM it smokes a little blue, it has about 3,500 miles on it....If you get on it then let off the throttle it then puffs blue smoke.....If you go hammering on it say for about 10mins then let it cool down, and then u shut it off and try to start it up sometimes it will misfire and sounds like the timing is all out of whack or something...cause it goes RRRAAA RAAA RAA RR RRR RRR RR...i thought it was the batt but it isnt....had it tested.....so my question is does anyone know whats up...
Thanks
Sleeper87

Leaky injector maybe? Puddling fuel in the cylinder (probably way off here) after shutdown? Cam sensor could be a bit off as well.

Freshly rebuilt motor from GM? Where? Your cranking problem is probably battery related. Install a known good battery and see what you get. Your smoking may be a bad turbo so you will need to pull the intercooler to see. Good luck!

Freshly rebuilt motor from Sabago Chevy as in they rebuilt mine...They are a GM dealer......as for the starting problem, i bought a brand new batt yesterday.....just to be sure it wasnt the batt...it still does the hard crank over goes easy then goes into a strugle like the batt is dead....But i just bought it yesterday and had it checked....O and btw it only does this hard to crank over thing if ive been on it as in Hammering or over 1/2 throttle...If i just tootle around town slowly and then shut it off it usualy dont do this...But if i say get on it once or 2wice or more it will do it...Not sure whats up....Thanks
Sleeper87:confused:

Originally posted by Sleeper87
Freshly rebuilt motor from Sabago Chevy as in they rebuilt mine...They are a GM dealer......as for the starting problem, i bought a brand new batt yesterday.....just to be sure it wasnt the batt...it still does the hard crank over goes easy then goes into a strugle like the batt is dead....But i just bought it yesterday and had it checked....O and btw it only does this hard to crank over thing if ive been on it as in Hammering or over 1/2 throttle...If i just tootle around town slowly and then shut it off it usualy dont do this...But if i say get on it once or 2wice or more it will do it...Not sure whats up....Thanks
Sleeper87:confused:
In that case it could be the starter going bad or bent crank. Mine did the hard starting bit then soon after I broke the crank in half:eek:

hmm, anyone know where i can borrow for a week lol....So i canbring it back to the dealership...For they told me no mods or else it would void my warentty....i put on a full intake, and the hookercatback with test pipe...the stock cat the bolds just broke...*studs* lol...or anyone know where i can get a cheap one.....just to bolt on or clamp on for now....just need one for like a week it dont have to pass inspectioin or anything just so they see a cat...thanks
Sleeper87
PS something tells me its motor issues....Smoke, etc...but once its going its fine...besides the smoke it goes quite well so i dunno

ok today, i was cruzin ever so slowly down at the beach when i came to a stop and then the car suddenly stalled...i threw it in park and then tried to start it...it did that hard start thing again, then it sounded like it misfired almost like the timing was off, then it backfired so loud that the cops thought a shotgun was fired...did this 3 times, then i let it sit and it finally started.....anyone know whats up wit this ?
Sleeper87

Do you have any scantool data? Have you checked your crank sensor? How about the cam sensor? What is the MAF? Kind of sounds like a timing chain issue but it was just rebuilt:confused:

Sleeper87, if the coilpack is on it's way out, it will act differently once it gets warmed up good. The ignition module may very well do the same. Are they original, or do you know? If so, Red Regal T does sell coilpack/ignition module combos for about $55. He tests them before selling. I'm mentioning this only because it's a good idea to have some spares, to help troubleshoot certain things.

As Intercooler suggested, the blue smoke (oil) may be a turbo seal leaking. You can pull the intercooler hoses & look/feel in them for signs of oil. How old is the turbo?

Possibly Cam sensor is 180* out or timing chain isn't installed correctly. Also could be ignition module as suggested. Also, smoking problem sounds like turbo seal........and check your PCV for proper function. Can cause smoke.

I have no scantool data because i have no scantool yet. as for the crank sensor i dont know what to check....same thing on the cam sensor, as for the maf its stock, 116k on it...I pulled the plug today and it still ran but when i plugged it back in, it stalled....It does kinda studder when u try and go a steady speed....almost like spark is jumping, and when i did my dyno run he said the spark just fell off......as for the Turbo, it is stock....with 116k on it....how would i know if the cam sensor is out 180 or something....As for the PCV what is considered propper functioin...The motor sounds healthy so i dunno..
Sleeper87

Well, first, get yourself a scanmaster. This is very important. That will allow you to see if you need to change any wrong settings. You are now flying blind. As far as setting the cam sensor, there is a tool Poston's and other vendors sell for $30 that allows you to set the cam sensor properly. I would assume the chevy guys :rolleyes: who rebuilt your motor got it started for you. Even Buick guys sometimes put the cam sensor in 180* out. They will run, but not quite right. As far as the smoke, with 115K on that turbo, I'd be surprised if it wasn't the turbo seals. Have it rebuilt and smoke will be no more.

Without a scantool it makes it more difficult. Do you know how to use a paper-clip and jumper the ALDL port to get the codes? If you could do that it may help us. With that kind of mileage on you MAF I bet it may be toast or on its way out but no conclusions until we can dig deeper. Got any TR friends with parts or that will swap things with you?

should i get the scanmaster or Turbo Link.....I have a laptop.....and as for the ADL i have no idea....where can i find info on doing so...as for TR friends....yah but they are so buisy that they really dont have time to mess around wit my car...:-( its chris and some other guys i met...the Maine guys
Sleeper87

Only question i have right now is......who wants to trade a very nice digi cam for a turbo lol....
Sleeper87