hot blue smoke question

jeason

hey guys, I would like to know why my car smokes blue, only when restarting after getting hot (15 min of running) if it is shut off 30seconds... cold start no smoke, and when running no smoke. For example shuting off the car at a drive thur, it will smoke for about 30 seconds when I restart it.. thanks for your help.

I purchased a new set of Champion heads,in Hawaii I’m not sure anyone could get it right .I got new ex.valves and had a local shop machine the guides and 150 miles it started doing what Jeason is doing.I drove it another 2k miles and was so embarrassing I put a set of Champion heads on.When I pulled them off most of the seals popped off the guides

I purchased a new set of Champion heads,in Hawaii I’m not sure anyone could get it right .I got new ex.valves and had a local shop machine the guides and 150 miles it started doing what Jeason is doing.I drove it another 2k miles and was so embarrassing I put a set of Champion heads on.When I pulled them off most of the seals popped off the guides
So are you saying the champion heads solved your problem?

I went straight to Champion they installed the springs DLS wanted on my heads
But Fuel Throttle and Gbody have them

Yep, leave it alone, and if it just happens to be the turbo starting to go out you will find out down the road a bit.

Way to little information on the heads. Are they stock? Are they rebuilt? Are they aftermaket?

Yep, leave it alone, and if it just happens to be the turbo starting to go out you will find out down the road a bit.

I made that post because it has the symptoms of being valve seals. If it is the turbo he would have oil in his intake.

Scarab Is right my plugs looked good car ET was not hurt.It was just embarrassing and I change oil often enough I seen no oil lost on dipstick.
I have GN1 heads and mine does the same thing sometimes. I checked my intake and turbo outlet and it is dry so I know it is the valve seals. Motor has 1K on it and I am not taking it apart for that.

If its valve seals, you can replace those in your driveway. It won't be as good as pulling the heads, doing a full meal deal (and upgrades ''since you're in there'') but it'll be a HELLOVA lot less money, work and time.

I'd replicate the smoking then pull off the exhaust elbow first to make sure it's not the turbo seals leaking oil into the exhaust first.