You can type here any text you want

HELP! Still undecided on suspension setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickMike

Money pit
Well, I'm somewhat undecided. My goal is to have a car that will mainly be for the street with some strip action. I'm not looking for a road race car, however I absolutely hate the way the car handles. I'm dead set on improving the suspension and doing it right, however I don't want to go overboard if I don't have to.

I spend over an hour talking to Marcus at SC&C and he is a very cool guy. I'm amazed at how much time he took to share his knowledge. I'm just wondering if he is sending me in a direction that is going to far. He recommended S10 spindles with Corvette front rotors / calipers, Stage 2 Plus front end, Curretrac rear control arms, SPC springs, Hellwig rear swaybar, 17's, and eventually a watts link.

I seriously don't think I need all that to have an all around decent road car.

What I am planning is S10 spindles with S10 rotors and 2 piston calipers, SC&C Stage 2 front end kit, SPC springs, S10 rear swaybar, keep my stock boxed rear control arms with the HR bushings that are already in them (buy some adjustable uppers down the road), and use the GTA wheels I already have.

I'd like to know all your thoughts on this.

ive got moog springs and bilstein shocks and couldnt be happier. its smooth down the road and flat in corners. nothing like my first one which handled like a barge.

Mark knows his stuff no doubt but does get carried away sometimes. Looking at what he suggested for you, it would be great for a road race type suspension but probably wouldn't work very well on the strip. He's mainly into road racing stuff so that's the direction he tends to head. He is very knowledgeable and will overload you with information - you just have to be clear up front about what your goals are with the car. I spoke to him at length about my suspension project several times over the course of the build and took some of his advice and left other parts of it. I'm completely happy with how mine turned out overall - works well at the track and with a wheel/tire swap can hang with a Vette in the curves.

Here's a link documenting my build using plenty of SC&C but other components as well. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...n-build.html?highlight=total+suspension+build

IMO as far as the rear goes for the money its hard to beat UMI control arms and a HR bar and QA1

Mark knows his stuff no doubt but does get carried away sometimes. Looking at what he suggested for you, it would be great for a road race type suspension but probably wouldn't work very well on the strip. He's mainly into road racing stuff so that's the direction he tends to head. He is very knowledgeable and will overload you with information - you just have to be clear up front about what your goals are with the car. I spoke to him at length about my suspension project several times over the course of the build and took some of his advice and left other parts of it. I'm completely happy with how mine turned out overall - works well at the track and with a wheel/tire swap can hang with a Vette in the curves.

Here's a link documenting my build using plenty of SC&C but other components as well. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...n-build.html?highlight=total+suspension+build

Thanks for the info. It's good to know that you are running SC&C Stage 2 with Eibachs and can still hook at the track. I'm considering the Eibach's over the SPC springs since there are deals to be had on them. Even Marcus recommended them to me if I don't buy springs from him. They are stiffer than the SPC springs. How do you like them?

IMO as far as the rear goes for the money its hard to beat UMI control arms and a HR bar and QA1

Thanks. I will stick with my lowers since they are already boxed with HR busings. I'd like to get adjustable uppers so I can set my pinion angle correctly. I will probably get the S10 swaybar for now since I can get one for $20 and it mounts just like the HR, but it's smaller. If I get 70% of what the HR bar can do I'll be happy.

Back