You can type here any text you want

Help ! What`s it worth ? 1985 GN, only 491 miles

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Donnie Smith

Hot Rod Connection
Trying to help a guy sell this car. One owner 1985 Grand National with 491 original miles. Has been stored in garage last several years. Still smells new. Has window sticker and all original documents. Car is located in Tennesee.
He thinks it`s worth over $20K. I`m not so sure. Can you guys give some feedback as to this vehicle`s realistic value ?
What is the market for an ultra low mileage hot air GN ?

All feedback is truely appreciated !

Difficult to give an estimate unless there are some pictures of the car. I've seen cars with very low miles that looked factory and showroom fresh and others that looked awful. Garage stored could mean many things. I suggest some exterior, interior, engine, and underbody shots to see how much the car has deteriorated over the last 21 years. If there is a lot of surface rust on the underbody bare components the value decreases significantly. Same for the underhood items especially anything RIM plastic, cast or aluminum. Good luck.......

dwall That 84...I'm not too up on the hot airs. Did the 84 GN header panel have the Buick symbol on the top of it like that of a T type or limited? :confused:

GrnNatlFan said:
Being a hot air, I think $15,000 is just about tops. Just my opinion.

That`s what I was thinking also. I`ll get some photos and find out exactly how clean this ride really is.

Please keep the feedback coming.

I took delivery of the first GN delivered in the St. Louis zone. It did not have a hood ornament, the fender emblems were located higher, and it had an emblem on the decklid. Just my obrservation from memory.

85 Gn -- Location?

Where in tennessee? I live in TN if it's close I can go take pic's and let you know how clean it is....

Free advice

LOL. Get your fingers dirty on the cars and only mess with the car links - The rest is trouble. If your urges don't get you served with papers by the real thing, you'll get a virus from Googling for a cheap imitation and a wrong (or rather left) click. :rolleyes: Or at least so I've heard - :eek:
Good luck with the Powerball.

This 84 is very nice but more than I would pay even if I had it to burn. I just get a kick out of recognizing a car as it change hands. Or in this case maybe not. Time will tell what the near and not so near future will bring for prices. As you know, the T-type's, Turbo T's and hot air cars are not even close to the 86-87 GNs and may not be for a while or ever.
Thats my hot air for now .. dwall

The hood ornament?.........no emblem on decklid?......a possible repaint?........<5000 miles?......no thanks

The car looks great and the interior is awesome. But at that price, everything had better be perfect! IMHO

I am also located in Nashville Tennessee if you need someone in Middle Tennessee to look at the car for you.

Back