You can type here any text you want

help with CCom WP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JeffB

I tried to do some logging last night for the first time with the new software... i went to Setup Realtime logging and picked 15 frame/sec, 10 min max logging time, 14 sensor dash, TPS trigger, 51% threshold...

then i went to arm realtime logging.. then i hit enter to arm it... when i got on the gas, the logging started, but it was only doing like 1 frame every 1.7 seconds.... i tried going through the procedure a couple of times and tried manual and triggered logging, but i could never get anywhere close to 15 frames/sec... what am i doing wrong???

thanks

i hope not... i thought that there was no practical limit (except hard drive space) on the log size with CComWP.... am i wrong? if so, what are the limits? is it a certain amount of time? or a certain number of frames? the menu options let me pick those settings so i figured they were valid...

You might have run into the sensor bandwidth limit. If you had another table window open with a dash being updated along with your logging dash and that resulted in more than 14 unique sensors to be updated, C-Com WP will revert to a slower communication mode where sensors are polled individually instead of in blocks. The Windows communication driver has some overhead that results in longer delays when used this way.

i see... so let's say i only have the logging window open and i select a 12 sensor dash... should i be able to log at >=10 frames/sec for 5 minutes or more? i.e. there's no max frame limit like the DOS version, right?

thanks

With C-Com WP, you could log 14 sensors at 20 fps for 30 minutes if you wanted. (providing you had the space available on your drive of course)

Lance

Back