Help with harness install for swap.

Hello All, I'm looking forward starting a FOXBODY or Camaro I-ROC 3.8 SFI swap early next year. My concerns are how would I install the stock harness for / Fuel /power/crank/ignition/ground etc. Or more say, what are the main wires I should be looking for? This will be my first 3.8 SFI swap I have done a few LSX swap with standalone harnesses which makes it very easy. Hope someone can help with some point outs and steps on how to wire it up. I have a complete engine w/harness no PCM.

If funds are available check at Casper's electronics. They build xfi and stock harness for the Buicks if want to do something new. Probably can do it how ever you want.

If funds are available check at Casper's electronics. They build xfi and stock harness for the Buicks if want to do something new. Probably can do it how ever you want.

Thank you so would this help or maybe Caspers elec, has something else? I did find this in there wedsite..

109028-320.jpg

84/87 Dash Harness Mate

Our mating harness is designed to plug directly into the stock GM engine harness found on the Grand National and T-Type cars. This harness plugs into the bulkhead and provides fuses and necessary wiring to run the engine functions. It is used mainly for transplants. Comes complete with C437 connections, mating bulkhead, SES and ALT lights, fuse panel, ALDL connector, fuel pump feed, and extra fused feeds to run the rest of the vehicle. NOTE: This is not a stock Regal dash harness, but rather a "light" version that powers ENGINE FUNCTIONS only. Harness provides tach, oil pressure gauge, and water temperature gauge feeds.

Hello All, I'm looking forward starting a FOXBODY or Camaro I-ROC 3.8 SFI swap early next year.

Hmm this sounds very interesting. Truth be told being a fan of both cars I've been thinking a lot about this type of thing, I won't go into great detail or derail much but -that neat thing being turbo's and an auto trans (everybody in a Fox want's a 5spd) and how they work together. I've almost come to the conclusion that I want to drop in a On3 turbo into my 5.0 along with a Lentech AOD and converter. There seems to be a lot of varying feedback on the On3 system but most seem favourable.

Basically what I'm saying is I love that kick in the seat of the pants a Turbo Regal gives (without shifting gears) and all the fun of fitting something different (the 3.8 crossed my mind) and was thinking about how do I apply this to a 5.0 on a relatively "low" budget, reliably and without engineering headaches. I don't know if that makes sense but I thought I'd throw that out there.

If you know what u will and won't be using they would make to how u specify I would think. Or are you set on using a stock computer. If not and thinking xfi or something u can make easier on your self and use a stand alone harness. That is what I just got finished with. But I am by no means a wiring expert at all. Lol

Just contact John at Caspers, using his e-mail I believe, and he can do whatever your needs are. However it is costly plus he does provide the proper connectors for plug and play.