You can type here any text you want

help with the stage 2 stuff

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Low deck block, short stroke cranks, unfinished heads. I'd pass on that stuff. Unless you want to put a ton of money into a small cube motor. You can buy a complete 274 Busch motor for 5 grand and have a lot more useable parts. Just my opinion but I'm sure you'll get the same from everyone else.

274 busch engine for 5 grand? where? Hell id buy one just for the crank and rods. sorry to interupt:)

Plowboy:

The racing junk add is an add by Mike Booher. He is a good guy to deal with. Most of the prices I've seen on the stuff he has for sale is usually in the good deal to REALLY good deal range, but thats just my opinion.

Ron Tarabori is a good guy to get in touch with if your looking for stuff. He is really helping me stay with in my budget.

HTH: Jason

Originally posted by postal
Plowboy:

The racing junk add is an add by Mike Booher. He is a good guy to deal with. Most of the prices I've seen on the stuff he has for sale is usually in the good deal to REALLY good deal range, but thats just my opinion.

Ron Tarabori is a good guy to get in touch with if your looking for stuff. He is really helping me stay with in my budget.

HTH: Jason

Well Jason how much will the sleeves and damaged rail hurt the performance. I'm looking to go low 9's?

Plowboy:

I would not be the guy to ask that question to. I can say that the stage 1 block I'm doing will have two sleeves in it and that there are guys out there running sleeved blocks. I have been told that sleeves can actually make a block stronger. They say this because you remove some of the cast iron cylinder wall, and replace it with a steal sleeve. I think the tricky part with a sleeve is that they machined it properly. The sleeve has to fit tight or you could get water leaks. I have no idea about repaired pan rails. I would think that a guy could buy that motor from Booher, strip ALL the parts off of it, sell that damaged block, and then pick up a non damaged block to put the pieces in. If you didn't want to run stage heads then it gets complicated as to wether or not its a good deal to get into. Stage heads and the parts that go with them seam to be easier to buy than to sell.

Like I said though I'm really not the guy to ask about this stuff. I was just passing on that Mike Booher is a good guy and so is Ron Tarabori.

Good Luck: Jason

Comment on Ron T.

I've got one of Ron Tarabori's motors in my kit Cobra and Ron has been a tremendous help in my project. If (when) I need additional parts for a Stage motor I'll call Ron first. The motor has been run on the street, road raced, drag raced for 3 and a half years and runs exactly the same Et/MPH it did when it was put in the car. Oil pressure is the same also (dry sump). I LOVE my Stage II motor but the "other" Cobra owners DON'T:)

Bob

Guy's,

Sorry to come in on this late. Ron told me someone had started a thread about these Stage II Indy parts but I couldn't find it when I looked the other day. I contacted the seller being most interested in the crankshafts knowing that the block is a boat anchor for our purposes. Needless to say they are 2.66" stroke. They would make really nice mail box posts and not much else. I figure in all truth these parts might be worth $500.

On to the Busch GN engines for less than $5k. I have purchased several for less than $4k complete. One actually included a flywheel, starter and distributor. Keep your eyes peeled as the deals come up from time to time and you need to have cash on hand to jump on them. BTW, Ron and Mike are both great guys to deal with. Between them they have more contacts and parts than they know what to do with.

Neal

Back