You can type here any text you want

Helppppppp!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn_steve

boosted canadian
I did a compression test and all cylinders are at 155psi and i did a noid light test and unjectors are receiving signal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that WHITE smoke?? If so, I'd suspect a blown head gasket.

X2 on the possible head gasket, but it should still build rpm's quicker then that..

What does the exhaust smell like, oil, sweet, fuel? Pull the dip stick and check the oil for a milk shake. Also pull the downpipe and check for an abundance of oil in the exhaust housing. Maybe you just blew the seal out?
One more thought, is the new maf a cardone piece and not an oem part? It may over fuel the engine, which won't help the rings.

Was it smoking like that when you bought it?

How did it drive when you tested it before you bought it? You did test drive it didn't you?

What made you decide to change all those parts after only 2 weeks of owning it? Did you beat on it and then it started running like this?

Did you buy it not running and had it towed to your garage and you just now got it started?

I bought the car the way it is with this engine trouble before buying the car i performed a compression test wich checked out 155psi on all cylinders so for the price i got it for i could not say no so thats when i brought it home and started putting parts on it the smoke is blueishh white but smells like gas i never drove the car but would like to if compression test checks out and my oil is good no water in it can we rule out head gasket?

If you have a scan master check maf operation . My car smoke like hell and and made my eyes water when the maf was bad and adding to much fuel.

What's your fuel pressure?

Did you buy the injectors?If so from who.I had some of the green top 42's run like that.

Anyone close by you with a turbo regal that would let you swap some parts to help find the problem?

I would suspect the maf sensor being bad as others have said also.

Pull the plug on the MAF it'll throw it into a base parameter "limp" mode. The car will not like being held at a certain rpm but you should be able to get it to rev by stabbing the throttle.

How did the spark plugs look when you changed them? I just worked on another buil last week with the same symptoms and it was the MAF. Turn it on, unplug the maf and see if it runs better.

X3 Looks like a bad MAF. The one you have on the car is a reman. The electrical connector should be pointed down not towards the right side of the car. You very rarely find a reman. MAF that is calibrated correctly. Try to find a known good one. The best way to go is with a translator and LT1 MAF.

Well here is a video of the car running with no maf let me know what you guys think?

Back