You can type here any text you want

here we go again

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ff1325

IT'S JUST A V6
I have a loud noise from the driver side of the motor. sounds like a knock at idle but increases with rpms. all pistons and rockers/arms are moving the same when valve cover was removed. Noise seemed to be narrowed down to the driver side cylinder closest to the fire wall with the mechanic stethoscope, however with spark plug wire off the noise remained. The springs look ok, motor is stock with 53k. I am out of my relm if it is in the low end of the motor.....:confused: any suggestions?Ideas?

Usually with a rod knock if rev the engine up and then let off the gas quick you can hear it change pitch and the knock speed will vary alittle.A lifter tick it would remain the same speed.Hows the oil pressure?

A cracked...

header, between #5 and #3 exhaust will give some strange sounds depending on the severity of the damage.

Have you pulled the plugs to see if there is anything going on in the cylinder. maybe broken valve spring, stuck/dirty injector.:confused:

I am pulling the plugs today and the flex plate is good. Manifold appears to be good, I will let you kno what i find after the plugs. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Ok cylinder number 3 plug is oil soaked, 1 has signs of detonation others were fine.... may be time to tear it down i suppose.....any body got any extra money layn around?lol

Pull the drivers head first. Might only be a blown gasket OUTSIDE the engine. What head gaskets are you using? I have seen this many times, and it sounds like a rod knock. But then again....it might be a rod knock. Again, what is your oil pressure?

When the valve covers where off, where all the " Press-in plastic rocker bushings " in place?

Back