heres a few good ones.

mr_85regal

Lead foot and a slow car
i have a 85 Regal 3.8 litre 2bbl w/ just ig. mods. i took a 86 Crown Vic w/ the 302.. i pulled up to a light and this dirty kid looked at me and started revvin his motor.. i turned my system up and wwaited for the light to turn green.. i launched hard.. {i got a posi rear} broke em loose and spun the tires about 3-4 feets. {i also had bald tires} he got me off the line.. as soon as i hit 50 mph and 2nd came in. ka-boom i flew past his ass and tore him up. i turned in to a shooppin center and the crown kept goin.. 20ft after my turn a state trooper came out and pulled over the crown.. i loved it.

2nd is i had my dads 94 1500 ext cab step side w/ the 305 in it. he has some mods. 3 inch dual exhaust.. no cat. bigger cam. intake. chip and 8 inch tires all the way around. i have a friend w/ a 96 Eclipse GS it has teh usual rice crap done. he runs low 13's in 1/4. i was drivin around at nite and he didnt notice it was my dads truck. we were doin about 70 and he rolls up next to me.. farts @ redline and spins tires and flies down the road @ about 110. we pull up to light. he rolls down his window to be a as*hole and notices its me. i start revvin the lil 305 up and told him lets go. i start to power brake through 1st and 2nd.. i was showin 40 on the speed -o. light turns green and i nail it and hit 65mph. smokin the tires and rollin down the road side ways. {307 posi} car hooks up and im in 2nd doin 50 mph. my friend spun the tires 1-2nd and is hangin w/ me a lil... he hits redline @ 65 and i keep goin and i hit 3rd hard @ 80 keep on pullin.. uh oh. traffic. he backs off and jumps around me.. i cut him off and jammed the pedal to the floor.. i started dippin through traffic and got ahead.. kept acceleration accordin to the tach after i buried @ 85 was still accel. i was @ 3200 rpm and he startes to catch up a lil he calls my cell and says were doin 115... got n e more i said i sure as hell do. i nailed it and didnt back off till i hit rev limiter.. @ 148mph i hit 5500rpm and rev limit took me to 135 and did it again. i out smoked him at the start and got ahead of him till about 120 and hung w/ him till i hit rev. limit. im impressed. and i want that truck.
and for the non believers we just dropped the truck 4-5 inch and have teh runnin board ground effect kit on it. 160k miles on the motor too.

Now just how fast does that TBI truck go? I want a full list of mods cause I knwo a guy who has a camaro with a 305 TBI with a crap load of mods and we are only hopin for 13's with it.
SO what does it run? You said you wasted a Eclipse cpable of 13s and that you were running what 148 MPH in a truck. Imagine if that power could be harnessed in a Camaro.

Sarcasm is abound

the top end is a TPI unit from a 89 Iroc Z and i cant rmember the size off the cam but it has a slight lump in the idel. 307 rear, dual exhaust we made outa 2 purple cherry bombs comin out infront of the rear wheels, alum heads, flat top pistons, chip, custom cold air intake, crank from a 400ci, 4 bolt mains, he has a few things done to the fuel system. also a 4' front and a 5' rear drop osittinon 15x7 torq thrust rims and 15x8 out back. suspension was redone w/ bigger sway bars and its a 4link rear. and a few other things i cant remeber.

Ok I am coming out with the BS flag here.
um there are to many problems with your story for me to believe it.
Where did you find aluminum heads for a 305? Oh let me guess they are 350 heads. Well thats not going to make enough compression to make more than 1hp per cubic inch unless you used domed pistins which well you didnt they are flat tops.
So you used a TPI top end huh. Sorry too much experience with TPIs here to believe that. If you used a stock TPi you would not get any good airflow above 4500RPM. Mosly no large cam will work with a Stocj TPi and produce any power numbers because the intake track does not flow well at the cams RPM range. No matter what kind of Chip you use it wont produce power.

And enough of picking on the littel details, which I could probably write a novel on, like being on the cell phoine at 115mph. No we are going to talk about why someone without something to prove would "build" a 305 like that? Why not a 350. There is nothing to prove by making a truck with a 305 run well. Now a camaro on Monte SS, maybe their is some reasons for that.
Then oh yea the 4 link rear... sure why not.
Dud put down the Jegs catalog and move away from the crapper. Dont put any more of you toilet dreams here please.

5500 rpm, auto trans not locked up, 307 gears, 25.5" tall tires (5" suspension drop try to fit something taller) = a little over 125 mph if the 160K mile tranny isn't slipping. And that's an If the size of your whopper of a story.

148 mph. not.

96 Eclipes GS's with the "usual rice crap done" run high 14's. A GSX may run low 13's with "the usual rice crap", but it takes someone who knows what they are doing to run low 13's in a front drive, heavy ass '96 GS. You kids must know a hell of a lot more about cars than I do.

One other question: When you put a 400 crank in a 305 is it still a "little 305"?

:rolleyes:

edlebrock does make heads for a 305, but i think hes full of it too. a 400 crank, 4 bolt main in a 305? baloney!! and if the ricer runs low 13s, that truck must be pretty damn fast, which i dont think it is.

BS

I've seen mega bucks put into a 305 but I've never seen a fast 305. It just ain't happenin dude.
Sorry to pop your bubble but this is a real BB.

My brothers should hit high 13's with his naturally aspirated and running TBI.
Hes got a holly 670 TB, Eldelbrock Performer RPM intake, Vortec heads, LT1 cam, Roller rockers, Freshly rebuilt and bored 305 block (310 cu. in. now). Headers, under drives and so on. Setting on some nice suspension mods and a fresh tranny with higer stall and 3.73 gears turned by an aluminum drive shaft. We are hoping for 13.7 on street tires. I think we can get that once we get it all dialed in. Thats a realistic goal with a NBaturally Aspirated 305. HE built it that was to show prople a 305 can be fast. Ofcourse he neither plan on trying to race my TTA or anything from the Dark side, but breaking those Ford Guys hearts is going to be awesome when you tell them its a 305.

Did you look for the Nitrous bottle? LOL
Such BS , just admit it and move on

no theres no bottle.. how bout ill just tell my regal experiances? but im not goin to lie and agree its BS.

OH MY GOD!!!

You were dipping thru traffic at 148. :rolleyes: lets be honest by the time that truck hits 148MPH hell has frozen over.
what a story, dude come on. if you have even gone 148 you would know not to do it in traffic. i can just picture a chevy 1500 cruzin thru traffic at 148 or even 115. and I have yet to see a GS with the usual rice crap in the 13's either. sticker kit, Bonzai window banner and the 8 inch hole in a chrome pipe says rice crap to me.

-ApM-

BS
I have done 135mph plus on a honda motorcycle. Trying to go from sacramento to sf in 45 min. I can tell you that I did not want any kind if traffic in front of me and because I didn't want any traffic in front of me (and my cousin on a 1000 kawasaki), we did this at 3am. it's scary enuf goin 135 plus on public roads or highways w/o traffic.

I know the answer

The truck read in kilometres/hour. 148 is really 92 mph. Then its almost believable

Ive bee patiently waiting to find out how the 400 crank got stuffed into a 305 block myself.... :rolleyes:

Gotta a BUNCH of sat night dirt trackers round here that would love to know too. Something about a "claimer" eng that could clean house has me and them wondering/waiting....

sarcasm off...

ok... well i called up my dad and asked him what he did to the motor other than what i knew.. he said he dropped in a 350 about 6 months ago, thats why he said it had a 400 crank..and a 700R.

ok... well i called up my dad and asked him what he did to the motor other than what i knew.. he said he dropped in a 350 about 6 months ago, thats why he said it had a 400 crank..and a 700R.

...For those who aren't aware you can stick a 400 crank in a 305... it yeilds about 334 cubes and is a very "square" motor that will make good torque and just won't rev. The 350 w/ the 400 crank is a 383, duh! :rolleyes:

My SS will top out at a theoretical 152mph with 26.1" tall tires, 200-4R and 4.56s. I took it up to 130 the day it went into storage this year... that was on a open country road and I could see for miles... Scared the pee out me! :eek:

The BS flag has been risen,

...For those who aren't aware you can stick a 400 crank in a 305... it yeilds about 334 cubes and is a very "square" motor that will make good torque and just won't rev. The 350 w/ the 400 crank is a 383, duh! :rolleyes:

Sheesh, Im betting that thing was just a leeetle tuff to balance... Lotsa stroke there and not much bore... Was there any counter weight left on the crank?? Make one heck of a tractor engine... :D