hey gang!

luckyone

new guy here! just was searching a part for my 2 80 turbo t/a's i just bought recently and found a few threads that was about the elusive part we both seek... the infamous pevr! anyway just wanted to stop in and intro myself.i am new to turbo cars so technically im probably a little dangerous to myself but not others as i learn early to keep mouth closed and eyes and ears open! but i am learning pretty fast as i have subscribed over to 301 forum.so between here and there i will be up to speed in no time.

Welcome aboard. I'd suggest that you go and read some info from BEFORE BLACK Website. It's more about the V6 cars but it does have some info on the 301 turbo cars. We'll be more than happy to help you if we can so keep reading and ask questions.

Ive sorta decided on what Im going to do for mine. Ive ran the car for 3 summers now and I don't have one and have not noticed anything. Car runs fine.

What ive boiled it down to is you need

A switch that passes current at 3 inches or so
A 97-02 Supercharged 3800 wategate switch.
Hoses

Ive got the parts but dont know if I want to canibilize my 3800 parts pile for my cutlass. The wategate switch is like $30 or something. Im sure theres a way to do the PECV mechanically but I havnt thought of a way that can be built.

Yeah, its funny, it runs great. I have a thought that it is hurting my turbo spool but it doesnt smell gassy at idle, make your eyes water and the oil doesnt have that gas smell in it.

I get 20 MPG running full rich too, might get like 23 when I get that fixed! :eek:

nice! i was told running rich on the 301t it will wash the cylinders and lower bearings over time. :(

Clik on the second link in my sig and it shoud help you some. Do a search for T3 wastegate actuator and you should find one. I've got an after market one but will be going external for more control.

wow! you have great engineering skills ! im in awe! but sand man is taking its toll so i have to hit the sack. i am reading this whole thread tomorrow or should i say later today.

wow! you have great engineering skills ! im in awe! but sand man is taking its toll so i have to hit the sack. i am reading this whole thread tomorrow or should i say later today.

Just a lowly mechanic that has a few ideas.:smile: I've got an extra stock V6 exducer that would make your stock 301 spool faster if you're interested.:biggrin:

well just got done reading the thread, outstanding! looked awesome too! where are you on this project? is it the first link ? ill go check that out

looks like you are getting a good handle on it now. hope a good chunk of change and time comes your way soon. looking forward to it