You can type here any text you want

hey guys, check it out

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOELKY

I'm selling my 81 sport coupe again. this time it has to go. 800 bucks with clean 87 t wheels, brand new bfg tires. basically buy the wheels and tires from me, get the car for free! does'nt run right, but somebody knowledgeable around here could probably fix it for an insane cheap price, but I cant keep it. check the los angeles craigs list for more info. thanks guys!

and those brackets I said I threw away, I lied. They are in the garage sitting. They come with the car too!

Even if it does need a rebuild it's still worth the 800 bucks. I wouldn't sell it for any less. Too bad the problem couldn't get figured out. I had the same frustration with my carbed turbo, regret selling it now though.

i'm 100% positive its not in need of a rebuild. It has sat since i've asked for help on it. hav'nt really had the time to work on it, and now its just taking up space. good deal!

early buick

still have this? any pix? I think your local to me. I work in chatsworth.

Still think you got a backwards check valve or a huge leak somewhere. Runs fine then it don't:confused: . I spent almost 6 months trying to figure out my T!

i'm sure your 100% right, but another board member bought it. I think he's putting a big block 455 in it.

yeah, its really sad though. I like the car alot! I had to sell it due to unseen circumstances. Not financial either, because I did'nt get much for it:frown:
all the other cars in my life have came and gone, but the elky sticks with me:cool:

..... Not financial either, because I did'nt get much for it :frown:...

That sucks.:eek: You would of made out better parting it out. To stick a 445 BB in it is dumb...(just a personal opinion).

If it were an N/A that would be O.K. But that was a Turbo Sports Coupe. Only thing that belongs in that is the OEM turbo power plant. :frown:

I would of bought the ESC and ECM. The hook up on those '81 SC's is strange and unique. Those parts would of sold quickly. You could of sold the body for $800.00 and parted out the turbo engine parts easy.

It sucks when one has to make decisions like that and have unforseen cicumstances looming over you head. You're up against the wall and know you will live to regret it someday.:rolleyes:

When that happened to me I was 17 yoa and the owner of a 1964-1/2 Mustang. First 500 that rolled off of the assembly line. Did'nt have the money to register and insure it so I sold it for $100.00. I still kick myself till this day. Memories are wonderful though.:biggrin:

I tried to sell the complete car for 800 bucks, nobody wanted it! oh well.

Back