You can type here any text you want

Hi 9's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Nope, no pictures.

It will be out around christmas or a little later. It will be capable of supporting 1100hp ( 8 second ride )

Anyone know how streetable a stage II block and heads would be with a PTE 76 with an external would be. Ive found a motor with about 50 passes on it.

Originally posted by Pittman
Anyone know how streetable a stage II block and heads would be with a PTE 76 with an external would be. Ive found a motor with about 50 passes on it.

S2 with external what?

What are the new qualities of the PTE front mount that makes it better than their other ones? More efficient core, more rows, etc? How does it compare to say the CAS race intercooler (if you can get one)?

On the subject of streetability. Mines a stage II on-center Duttweiler built motor with S2 heads, S2 modified intake, PTE 90 MM throttle body, Turbonetics T76 ball bearing 4 bolt, BIG PTE headers (twin forward facing headers) with x-over in the front (ah-la Duttweiler), small PTE front mount (14 row), 96# injectors FelPro B2B, Duttweiler external oiling system and CSI electric water pump. I don't street race it (in fact rarely take it over 3000 rpm on the street) and have no trouble driving 25 miles to and from the track. Motor dyno'd by Ken at 954HP and 970 torque so it's pretty potent. Runs fine on the street. Honestly, with lots of power and street tires on the streets, the last thing you want to do is nail it. I've broken the tires loose in third gear (manual valve body) at 20 MPH when I was testing boost. Car got to about 16 psi and all hell broke loose, $hit my pants. That was being in third gear at 15 MPH and easing into the throttle to see how high the boost was going. By 20 MPH or so I was at about 16 psi, part throttle and 4500 RPM's and all hell broke loose. I decided never to do that again, I'll do all my testing and tuning at the track! Can't imagine the smoke show if Ihad jsut nailed it.... I don't agree with street racing but people can do what they want as long as I'm not around. In my opinion, if you are going to "play" on the street, do it with less horsepower. My 11 second GN is a lot more fun to tool around on the street with. Besides, it doesn't have 90/10 and drag shocks in the back so it can actually go around corners without feeling like you're going to tip over. Remember, the suspension has a lot to do with the combination and what works well at the track does not necessarily work well on the street. Besides, at $6/gal for fuel, playing on the street can get costly. If I drive it nice to the track I can get about 12-13 MPG so I can fill up the tank at the track and drive to and from the track about 2-3 times before needing to put in another $70 of fuel but that?s racing?? :D

Sorry I mean an external wastgate running off and msbc from innovative.

The new PTE cooler will be comparable to CAS's Im not going to say anymore about it. I dont want to get on anyones $hit list at PTE. I buy all my syclone stuff from Jerry McCoy and he is the one who found out about it.

To start off with all the parts I have are in the trunk or in the garage. I have atr headers with individual egt probes ( Yeah I have a datalogger ), F.A.S.T, pte 76, Car is waiting on the chasis shop now. 12pt cage, ladder bars and a MW rearend, rear torque plate, etc. etc. notched rear to run the bigger tires but NOT back halfed. Fiberglass bumper, fenders, hood. Have three motors Im looking at now.

HATE....Street racing. You like and old fart or something????? ;)

Neah I have a syclone for that, AWD and really damn quick. The buick will be for the "legal" street races we have here in Texas at the motorplex. Inspection sticker and driven in the gate are the only rules they enforce. Its an attemp to get guys off the street. What happens in the stage lanes in nobodys business. Ive seen $3k change hands ou there before. ITS A BLAST!!! But to be one of the top 5 you need to be able to put down mid 9's on a"" NON"" treated track. Ive done alot of research so for and have gone to the BOP about a month back and talked to alot of people I have a good idea of what I want now.

Sorry I mean an external wastgate running off and msbc from innovative.

To start off with all the parts I have are in the trunk or in the garage. I have atr headers with individual egt probes ( Yeah I have a datalogger ), F.A.S.T, pte 76, Car is waiting on the chasis shop now. 12pt cage, ladder bars and a MW rearend, rear torque plate, etc. etc. notched rear to run the bigger tires but NOT back halfed. Fiberglass bumper, fenders, hood. Have three m

otors Im looking at now.

HATE....Street racing. You like and old fart or something????? ;)

External wastegate on the street, no problem, just a little loud under boost, no biggie. Haven't used the boost controller but have heard good things about it.

I didn't say I hate street racing, just that I don't agree with it. Am I old, no, mid thirties with 2 kids and a wife I need to support. I do consulting at major insurance companies. If I were to get arrested for something like that it could effect my job, can't have that happen. They do very extensive background checks for the type of work I do for them. As long as people don't do it around me or my friends then more power to them. I've seen some jokers blow by me when I'm on the way to the track expecting me to chase them. Almost every time then end up doing something stupid and practically get into an accident, slamming on the brakes, swerving cause someone cut in front of them, etc. I know you are probably talking about the more organized street racing. If you are going to street race back in no man?s land where no innocent bystanders are going to get hurt then fine. Only people that are going to get hurt are the racers, crew or ?spectators?. We won?t talk about the fact that everyone?s insurance rates go up when someone wrecks into a tree but I digress?. The fact that you are going to go to the street races at the track is totally cool. You'll turn better times in a safer more predictable environment anyway! $3K, we see that all the time on a Sunday at E-Town. My friend goes down there all the time with about 5K in his pocket. Some times he comes home with less, some times with more. He keeps coming back just about every Sunday so he must be doing OK. He's not even one of the big spenders!

Back ground checks WHOA!

I know how you fill I'm normally an Airline Pilot. I was "furloughed" last October. Neah, Im mainly just into the racing at the track when they have grudge nights. I feel the same way about it as you. Im in the thirty something crowd too, dont need a bunch of psyched teeny bopper with NAWZ around.

How tough can a 200r4 be built. Im looking at some trubo 350's now. Anything has to be better than the 700R4 in the Syclone. Thats a whole nother story..............

How tough can a 200r4 be built. Im looking at some trubo 350's now. Anything has to be better than the 700R4 in the Syclone. Thats a whole nother story..............

I know Erik Shirtz (SP?) runs a 200R4 in his 9 second stage 2 car. Now running that trans at level of HP you are going to break something. Erik rebuilds it every year (80 runs/year) and there is always something that was wearing. 400 can get you years of service and cost a lot less to rebuild.

If it's built by Lonnie Diers of Extreme Automatics (513-226-1315), it can be pretty tough! (I'm sure others out there can build them strong also) But I have to say, Lonnie stands behind his work better than anyone in the business.
Lonnie built the 200 for my Stage car (3700lbs, 9.95 @ 139 this weekend), and it works flawlessly. He even delivered it to me, 120 miles from his shop. Right after we installed it, I took it out on the street and the 4340 shaft on front drum broke due to a bad weld by the manufacturer (not Lonnie's fault). I called Lonnie and he drove back to my shop (again, 120 miles one way), and picked it up. He then replaced the bad drum and delivered it to me two days later. How many people do you know that care enough to do that?

With the 200 tranny, FAST system, and stock gears, I get 20+mpg and make over 720rwhp.

It doesn't get any better than that. IMHO.

what all have you done to your cobra to go 11.6? Was that on street tires?

I wonder if the new 4L80E would work? There have been a few that have done it in the sy ty world. Its basically a 400 with over drive isnt it?

what all have you done to your cobra to go 11.6? Was that on street tires?

I wonder if the new 4L80E would work? There have been a few that have done it in the sy ty world. Its basically a 400 with over drive isnt it?

It really doesn't take a lot to get the Cobra into the 11's. We just built a custom 3" exhaust, added a Diablo chip, pulley, and ET Streets. Pics, dyno graphs, etc can be found here: www.LS1Motorsports.com/CobraPage.htm

Personally, I don't like any of the 4L-anything tranny's. The 200 is a great choice. In fact, I know of several LS1 F-Body owners who have done just the opposite...switched from the 4L60E to a 200 with no problems.

Maybe Lonnie, or someone else with more transmission knowledge, can chime in here and tell us all the the HP/TQ capabilities of each?

Back