You can type here any text you want

Hidden kill switch for trunk mounted battery

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
Hey guys....

Looking at moving the battery to the trunk for more traction. I am not too concerned about NHRA legal at the moment... but will do it legal if it is stealthy and cheap (probably impossible). I need some people to send me pics of where they mounted their kill switch and how they did it.... I was thinking about the rod actuated flaming river switch.... with the rod somehow hidden under the tag bracket....

My car is a 95% street car.... just with a battery in the trunk..... makes for a short run to the fuel pump too.....

I have the Flaming River push off switch. There are cheaper out there! Mine is mounted on a home made flip down clip under the bumper so its track only use & otherwise its in the up position. Go to MAD Enterprises for a different option of set up & at a fair price. They have some good pre made kits!

Waytek sells a switch that will handle the load and disconnect the alternator first before the battery disconnects. You could mount this switch in the trunk and run a rod out thru the tag area. Take the rod off and only use it at the track.

Waytek

Attachments

• 44031TH.gif
    44031TH.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 100
Back