You can type here any text you want

Historical Pictures

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CGASTON

I am wondering and want to know if anyone in the Buick community would happen to have any pictures of Jim "Kenne" Bell's test car? It is an 86 White T-Type and it is the car in my avatar. I am the new owner of it and want to build some history on and about the car. Any picture or reference would be awesome. Anyone have it in a magazine? GSCA Article? All your help would be highly appreciated.

Also I spoke to Jim yesterday and he said that he will try to find me some.

Are you referring to Jim d'Alessandro's white car from N.J. or another car possibly owned by Jim Bell?

Claude. :)

I am referring to the car that Jim Bell tested everything on. His personal car! It is the car in his Kenne Bell catalog. Now Jim Bell did build Jim d'Alessandro's car, but they are not the same. Jim d'Alessandro's car was tubed, my car (Jim Bell's test car is not).

I am referring to the car that Jim Bell tested everything on. His personal car! It is the car in his Kenne Bell catalog. Now Jim Bell did build Jim d'Alessandro's car, but they are not the same. Jim d'Alessandro's car was tubed, my car (Jim Bell's test car is not).
I'm not sure if d'Alessandro's first car was tubbed, but his second one (the ex-Ron Cosner race car) definitely was. In fact, it's for sale (the second car) and is located in the Albany, NY area. I knew Jim d'Alessandro personally and I'm pretty sure that he built the car himself, but everything on it from top to bottom came from K-B as he was his major sponsor.

Claude. ;)

I'm not sure if d'Alessandro's first car was tubbed, but his second one (the ex-Ron Cosner race car) definitely was. In fact, it's for sale (the second car) and is located in the Albany, NY area. The first car was sold to someone in N.Y. but I've lost track of it since...:( I knew Jim d'Alessandro personally and I'm pretty sure that he built his first car himself, (which originally was a black '86 GN he had repainted pearl white) but everything on it from top to bottom came from K-B as he was his major sponsor.

Claude. ;)

I'm not sure if d'Alessandro's first car was tubbed, but his second one (the ex-Ron Cosner race car) definitely was. In fact, it's for sale (the second car) and is located in the Albany, NY area. I knew Jim d'Alessandro personally and I'm pretty sure that he built the car himself, but everything on it from top to bottom came from K-B as he was his major sponsor.

Claude. ;)

1st car was not tubbed !! Those were the good old days :cool:

That is pretty cool, but I know for a fact that this car belonged to Jim Bell and his test car. Have title to prove it. Now about the white cars, they seemed to love the white ones didn't they. So know pics or anything?

Yeah, white cars were "in"!...Jim Bell, Jim d'Alessandro, Fred Vetter, and the late Eric Schertz all had white cars. For the pictures, I only have a few of d'Alessandro's and Schertz's cars...

Claude. ;)

Would you mind sending me a copy of those cars? And do any of them have Jim Bell in it? Side view of rims and motors?

Thanks for those pics. Awesome cars. They look similar to mine, but the interior is different color

please post for everyone to enjoy!!! and gaston cool car now i can say i know who has bell's test car

Where are the pictures?

Does anyone have the picture or video of Jim D' when he ran the 9.63 et in his stock appearing white Turbo Regal doing a big wheel stand?

I am referring to the car that Jim Bell tested everything on. His personal car! It is the car in his Kenne Bell catalog. ....

The K-W white T that was his test car has been in my driveway all week, and Gaston you already know that car!

I took this picture at the GS National around 1995. If you look really close at the picture there are a few of the big time Turbo Buick guys in the back ground.

Craig

GSNats95.jpg

It was crashed at that event, but looked fixable to me.

If I remember correctly it was BBB powered at that time.

Last edited:
Back