Honestly Opinion Please...

Wanted to know everyone opinion on powder coating a intake.
Seen in a few places where they say its a disadvantage, cause it holds heat and the aluminum intake is designed to dissipate Heat....
So im assuming it would lose performance with holding more heat then normal...
Whats your take...
I've found nothing that imitates the look of cast aluminum as good or better than POR-15 engine enamel. It flows out well which means it stays wet for a while and is susceptible to running if you spray it on too heavy. Because it flows good and dries slowly,it allows you to mess with it alot to get it just right when you brush it on. Brushing it on is the only way to go on a rough surface.
https://www.por15.com/POR-15-Engine-Enamel_p_47.html

DSC00675.JPG

Is your FP regulator a one off? If not what is it? I’m currently working on my fuel system. Trying to figure out what I want to do and work out the plumbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The regulator is standard issue Aeromotive Pro. It is designed to be mounted on the firewall or fender or something. However it is not designed to be mounted on a Turbo Buick fuel rail.

In order to get this to work I needed to order 2 passenger side fuel rails from Champion. Totally change the geometry on about a dozen items. Send a tap through the front of the driver's side fuel rail to clock the regulator properly. And use a fitting that wasn't necessarily designed to work with this set up.......In other words, it was a real bitch! But I had it designed in my head and needed to follow through with how I wanted it done.