You can type here any text you want

Hoosier 295/50R16 D.O.T. Drag Radial

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

Has anyone tried these, and if so do they fit without rubbing?

Thanks
Dave

I'm running simular overal size M/T 295/55R15 DR's on my car on 15"x 9" (5.5" back space) Weld Racing wheels. They hit the inner lip of the fender on dips in the road pretty bad until I replaced my dead stock shocks with Strange double adjustable drag shocks. They still will scrape a little on a really bad dip in the road but haven't had any problems at the track launching hard off the trans brake at 14-16 psi. The overall dimensions between the two are almost the same. With the stock 8" rim it may help as long as the back space is the same or less then 5.5". Mine are REALLY close to the front side of the inner fender/the front inside of the tire...near where the control arm bolts up. I even gave the area a little smack with a large rubber mallet just to get another 1/4" or so. No sign of them rubbing in that location so far.

Here is the thread with some pics http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/new-wheels-and-tires.315883/

Hmmm... I might pull the trigger on them. I'm gonna have to get an adjustable pan hard bar too. I'm pretty far off center right now with my 9" rear end.

Yeah I had to get one too...mine was off about 3/4". The adjustable panhard bar easily put the rear dead center with a couple twists.

With the ride height change from my rear end it will prob. Help for clearance. The rear raised it about an 1 1/4".

I had a set of hooser DR's they stated on the sideway for dot racing not for street use ?

usta run 275/50/15 mt drag radials on stock wheels ...Have to make sure your rear end isnt to far off from center

026.jpg

never mind the fat kid that me lol

2QUICK2B6 said:
I had a set of hooser DR's they stated on the sideway for dot racing not for street use ?

Yeah the Hoosier's wrinkle almost like a bias-ply tire. Witnessed it this weekend on a couple cars.

I run a 295/50/16 MT drag radial and it fits no problem. I don't have any trim around my wheel wells and the outter lip is rolled, but that was done for my 28"x10.5" slicks.
IMG_0601.jpg

IMG-20120826-00367-1.jpg

I run a 295/50/16 MT drag radial and it fits no problem. I don't have any trim around my wheel wells and the outter lip is rolled, but that was done for my 28"x10.5" slicks.

being this is a tta forum and Op has a tta in his sig im going to go out on a limb and guess that how they fit on your T is of little help to the Op

pacecarta said:
being this is a tta forum and Op has a tta in his sig im going to go out on a limb and guess that how they fit on your T is of little help to the Op

It's ok man. Still like reading about it. When I get a T in the future I'll know! Ha!

ttypewhite said:

Your white T is awesome! By far my favorite color for a T!

Back