You can type here any text you want

Hoping for 11's Wed night

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I'm planning on hitting the drag strip Wed night to try and lower my best time of a 12.573@107. My car is a 94 3.4 liter turboed camaro. I should better my best et if everything holds up. I'm running 15lbs of boost but have never left the line with boost. After upgrading to hydroboost brakes I can now hold 5lbs of boost on the line with no problem. The info on this site has been very helpful. I never heard of hydroboost brakes until reading some of your postings here.

man work on them brakes some myy gn will go 20# on the ft brake, but i do have some loose verter.

Good news bad news from last night.
Good news not too many people were there. Weather was good and cool.
The car ran awesome nothing broke. Won two out of three races.
Bad news could not hook up all night. The car was performing so good it would just spin the tires. I lowered the nitto's all the way down to 15 psi and still could not get traction. No video's.

!st run 13.386@106.53 60' 2.343
2nd run 14.356@106.40 60' 2.541
3rd run 13.063@106.66 60' 2.080

where did you run at?

nittos i keep closer to 26psi, still cant hook them on anything that has a converter in it

where did you run at?

nittos i keep closer to 26psi, still cant hook them on anything that has a converter in it

Englishtown raceway park NJ. I thought the lower the tire pressure the better for traction. I started with 30lbs (forgot to lower pressure at track) Then went to 20 and down to 15lbs but didn't seem to help.

How much better would the M/T be?

i was there wed at 730 for fuel (methanol), , the temp was good (low 40s) but the air was damp and traction will suffer because water dragged up wont dry ( and few slick cars to help out the grip) and with the small turnout they usually end the night early like just after 9

a friend had done a turboed 3.1 in an 89 and we managed to put mt 28/10.5s et drags under his with a little banging ,m/t makes a 28x9 drag that would fit no problem

hard to compare your chassis to mine or what ive done on other nights to what wed nights track conditions were , but i usually managed 1.5s at night on 255/60-15 mt radials aired at 20psi but i'm trapping over 115, and over 90 1/8th (fast as i can push it and not get the boot) , i also pit with the faster slick cars (lane 9-10), try not to run with or right after the street cars(they run in lanes 1-5) as they drag a lot of water to the line (because many are too dumb to drive around the water box) ...daytime the grip improves greatly
and if your blowing the tires away at 5psi , then launch with less boost learn to pedal out of the hole , with the mickey radials i used to limit launch to 6-7 psi at night usually leaving at 3psi, with slicks i could manage to hook a 12psi launch

are you planning on making it this wed night?

Englishtown raceway park NJ. I thought the lower the tire pressure the better for traction. I started with 30lbs (forgot to lower pressure at track) Then went to 20 and down to 15lbs but didn't seem to help.

How much better would the M/T be?

M/T drag radials are much better than the Nittos.

You really need to put some heat into the Nittos to hook up OK.:cool:

No I won't be going this Wed. I think I will be ordering the M/T's and maybe some new rear shocks. Thanks for all the help.

Back