Hot air to intercooler conversion ???'s

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Hi guys, I have a customer who wants to buy a cold air kit from me for his 85 Hot Air car but has converted to an intercooler using a Turbo Motion kit. I know this kit relocates the TB to the front of the motor and replaces the TB at the turbo with an inlet bell. Is the turbo still mounted exactly in the stock position and does anyone know if the TB and inlet bell are the same length? Sort of hard to tell by the pics I have. Thanks!

Mark,
The turbo is located in the same place - the inlet bell will be the only difference, either way your kit should work just fine.
Jeremy

On mine, the turbo bell is shorter than the throttle body was so the air intake now goes directly over top of the oil fill breather. Is this what you were looking for?

On mine with the inlet bell on the inlet of the turbo, it's about 2" shorter. It works fine with the stock MAF pipe because it's flexable. I can get the K&N near the stock location but it's still off a little and the angle is slightly different.

Looks like I will have to make the pipe 2" longer then to make up the difference. The pics I saw were with the stock maf hose being used and it looked like it was right over the oil fill pipe which I don't like. Thanks for letting me know guys, I appreciate it.