Hot engine-no start .cranks normal

Slick87gn

After driving for awhile and parking.There is no quick starting. Stock engine. Except for fuel pump and big turbo. It finally starts and drives normal. 168,000 miles.

Stock injectors?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Might have a leaky injector or two. Or the regulator might not be regulating well. Do you have a gauge to put on it to see if the rail holds pressure when you turn it off? When it does start does the exhaust smell like fuel?

Can be lots of different things?

Start by checking if you have fuel and spark, and go from there.

Might have a leaky injector or two. Or the regulator might not be regulating well. Do you have a gauge to put on it to see if the rail holds pressure when you turn it off? When it does start does the exhaust smell like fuel?

I'm thinking ignition module and coil. Mightb suffer from heat soak. I dont smell any fuel.

Put a meter across the coil terminals and read the resistance. Not sure what it should be right off the top of my head but a search should reveal. If you do it when hot and it is open you are probably on to something.

If you get it running and tap the maf with a screw driver handle and it stumbles you might have a maf on the way out.

Is it hard to start or does not start at all until you let it sit? I had an issue once where my car would crank, but not start when hot. I'd let it sit for 30min and it would fire right up. It turned out to be a hairline crack in the circuitboard on the ignition module that would expend at a certain temp. I replaced the module and it was good. Like others said if it just cranks a long time before firing the issue may be fuel system related. Do you let the fuel pump prime before trying to start it?

After it cuts off when hot I let it sit awhile and she starts right up. Years ago I had a problem similar and it was the ignition coil.