You can type here any text you want

Hot wire kit on a stock fuel pump

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
Just wondering if it would either hurt or help to run a hot-wire kit on a stock fuelpump ? I plan on changing the pump somewhere down the line but have the parts laying around to make my own hot-wire kit. What do you think?

are you running 42lb injs and a TT chip? if so, stop immediately. thats asking for trouble. get the pump, install it with the hotwire kit and dont let the car leave the driveway til you have atleast a scanmaster. just my .02

Thanks for the info. I'm in Michigan so cruising is over till spring :-( but I just got the car running anyway just looking for cheap stuff I can do on it to keep busy. Deff plan on getting a scanmaster before spring and I guess the pump now, sucks because the stock one is new

I understand. Mines about to go into storage also. As for the fuel pump it was barely adequate with the stock boost and injectors. Good luck with it

Thanks for the info. I'm in Michigan so cruising is over till spring :-(

In Michigan you need to take advantage of every day you can. Had mine out yesterday. Hold out for any day you can man!! :D

Where you at in Michigan?

I ran a hotwired stock pump with mine. Guess what?? It's still alive. Even when I ran it at stock boost level with 42s and after I ran it with a homemade alky kit and 22lbs of boost. Red Armstrong took a hotwired pump as low as high 12s. If you are at around at stock boost level, I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure your 02 reading is where it's supposed to be.

Back