You can type here any text you want

Houston Buick Club GARAGE BBQ/ Nifte50ees June 12th

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86TexasT

HBC members Tim & Chris Adams have invited us to their "Monster Garage" for some BBQ & drinks, then on to Niftee50ees from there. See attached email: Robert,

Chris and I would like to invite the HBC to come to an afternoon at our garage. We will serve up some BBQ and have soda there. Not sure if beer is allowed but I will ask Chris to check with the property owners. There is not that much to do besides sit and look at cars. The neighbors might frown on a burn out contest Atleast a couple of them might, others might play with us. Anyhow I think that if we start at 3pm on 12-June that we could have some good time and then roll to Niftee 50ees.

I did not have a complete distribution or Steve's email. If you send me a distribution I can invite everyone or if you don't mind perhaps you can send a club announcement. Contrary to the subject line of this mail, woman are also encouraged to attend.

The address is:
Garage Oasis
8826 Louetta
Spring 77379

It is about 2 miles down on the left hand side of Louetta coming from Hwy 249. It is just before Champion Forest Dr.
About the only thing I can think of that we would need is for some people to bring chairs.

Cheers,
Tim

Please see email below for details.
Additionally, PLEASE EMAIL TIM (adamst56@yahoo.com) BY WED JUNE 9TH IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND....

Robert

Subject: Open Cave Party

Hello All,

Chris and I are going to host an afternoon at our garage on 12-June from 2pm until. Now I bet that sounds like about as much fun as a barrel of monkeys. But in fact it should be nice. Chris has invited family and friends. We are having the Houston Buick Club come by so there should be some nice Turbo Buicks and maybe a couple of V8 cars. Of course we have a few cars that we think are cool, about half running right now. Our neighbors in the complex have been invited and I am sure some of them will be there with their garages open, and they have some REALLY NICE cars.
The complex has a great clubhouse with satellite tv and clean bathrooms. We will have some of Texas finest BBQ catered in.
I plan to party from about 2pm to 5pm and then head up to Niftee 50ees car show for a couple hours (it is about 2 mniles away). And then I will head back for a little more late evening fun. Chris and many of the gang will probably just stay at the cave and keep the beverages iced down.
About all I can think of you bringing is a chair or two and if you have a special beverage preference.

Hot link to the facility with a map, The name is Garage Oasis (formerly known as Garage Town). Located at 8826 Louetta in Spring, about 2 miles east of Hwy 249.
Garage Oasis: Provides Luxury Garage Condominium Storage for Car, RV, Motor Coach and Boat Owners just north of Houston, TX

If you have never been to Niftee 50ees it is also a nice way to spend a couple hours. They meet on Saturdays at the Kroger at Champions Forest and Spring Cypress.
Niftee50ees.com - Serving the classic car and street rod community

Hope to see you there. Would be nice if you could give me an idea if you will try to make so I can have enough beef.

See ya, Tim

I talked to Randy Shannon (Niftee50ees) last night, he said as long as we get there before the regular crowd is OK, about 5:30 - 6:00. See you there.

What time is everyone showing up? I think I'll be there at 2 or earlier to reserve a spot and a heavy plate of BBQ. :) I think I have Todd Kay talked into going too.

What time is everyone showing up? I think I'll be there at 2 or earlier to reserve a spot and a heavy plate of BBQ. :) I think I have Todd Kay talked into going too.

Everyone is meeting at Tim & Chris`s Garage (see previous post for address) about 2:00 pm, checking out the cars,:eek: eating some Texas BBQ,:D then going to Nifte50ees (about 5 minutes away) at 5:30. I have to work:mad: but will meet everyone at Nifte50ees. Sheryl Dove is riding with me, Anthony from ABC mufflers is driving my '85 T Type. :cool:

Well, I had a really good time. Good showing of cars at the Garage Oasis meet, some fine BBQ, and great people. The Niftee50's meet was was amazing and had a strong turnout and some incredible cars. Didn't have my camera out for that unfortunately. And there were 11-12 Turbo Regals there. Not alot of people joined us for our cruise, but it was still alot of fun and we all were able to stretch it out a little. Nothing really tragic happened, except my TPS went bad, and one of our cars alternator was killed by the power antenna. :eek: Saw that happen twice that day, but the other car's alternator came back once it cooled down. We happened upon another meet. It was Vin Diesels wet dream, and we decided to GTFOutta there before someone drifted into us. It was pretty nutty. But booooy, were people eyeballin us when we drove in.

SDC11529.jpg

SDC11528.jpg

SDC11527.jpg

SDC11526.jpg

SDC11524.jpg

SDC11523.jpg

SDC11522.jpg

This makes me sick. I would've killed to make that.:( I'll be at the next one for sure.

Wow! That certainly looks like a good time was had for sure! :biggrin:

It was a blast, I was late to the BBQ but there was still plenty left over and man was it good. Thanks again for everybody that offered up their time and money and the garage. That was a really cool place. One of these days we'll have a cruise where the attrition rate is 0 lol. Next time maybe we can get a few more cars. I think we may stick to mostly cruising different highways and hitting up known hangouts because there has been nothing to look at or "play" with on Westheimer or 1960... or anywhere for that matter. Maybe a Galveston cruise or something one day would be cool. A shot of 10+ buicks parked along the east end of Galveston sea wall would be cool.

Back