How collectible are GMP diecasts why buy them?????

TurboRegal84

Staff member
I figured I would post this thread, because I am unsure about the cars.

Do you think they will appreciate with time, or will the market drop out on them?

What are you feelings on values? Are the Numbered cars (300 Club) cars going to bring more money, because they are part of a limited set?

Do you buy the cars for a future investment, or because you just like them?

I thought it would be an interesting discussion...and I am eagerly awaiting some responses.

Thank You for any input you have to share!

Hello Herb, I collect them all. I enjoy alot of diverse diecasts but TR's are my favorite. I have recently completed the 1/18th scale cars and have the 1/24th's also. I am in the 300 club now too. I bought a couple when they started years ago, then got away for awhile. Then when I re-entered the collecting, I had to pay higher prices for a few of them to complete the collection. But I am not in it for the money, I will display them and not ever sell them. I also have a collection of the Jada cars, and others like the Johnny Lightning, etc.. Anything TR I collect for sure. I enjoy them. I have had to sell the real TR's I had but this will be sufficient for my needs until I can purchase another TR or Sy/Ty to play with. Anything muscle car related in a diecast is a great addition to my collection and I am starting to put together a sizeable diorama that will be great also.
I know some people are in it for the money, but I just enjoy it (probably a little too much).
Steve Jones
Candler, NC

Diecasts

Hello All,
I'm an 81-87 Buick Regal diecast addict. I've got all the 1/18
Buick GMP's, working on the 1/24 GMP's (Buick 300 Gold),
have every color and wheel combination of the Dub City
Old Skool Regals, and just about every 1/64 and 1/87 scale
Regal that's available. I love to collect them and display them.
If you need any info on what all's out there I'd be happy to
give you a list of what I've found so far. Enjoy the hunt.
Steve

Most just collect them to show them off. I know I do but it all depends on what you have. A few years ago I bought 2 78 corvette pace cars made by UT models for 60 each. Sold one on ebay last year for 200.00 , so it all depends on what they are and what you want to do with them. I knew that the vette would go up as they don't make it anymore, haven't for years. The GNs are a numbered lot so when they are gone thats it. I would say they price will go up on them slowly later Daniel :D

This is especially true of the '87 Grand Nationals. You don't find them often, and when you do, you pay well.