You can type here any text you want

How did you mount XFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DailyDrifter

The Slow and the Curious
How did you guys mount your box and the caspers adapter in the car? I was thinking about mounting the caspers where the stock ecu goes and mounting the XFI on the outside, but I dont want to showoff the XFI, and someone will probably kick it.

they way you said is the way most people mount it. as far as hiding it im not sure. mine should be here soon.

I might make a ventilated box to go around it, i really dont want to bring that much attention to it, although the laptop might give it away:rolleyes:

i used the extended harness from Caspers and mounted mine under the pass. seat , you can still see the leds if you fold the seat foward ...It worked out very nice ......

I have mounted them visible on the kick panel. I like to see the LED's for quick diagnose. Plus my son loves watching the dancing lights.

This is a customers Tom Rodriguez

Attachments

• tom xfi.jpg
    tom xfi.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 343
I have mounted them visible on the kick panel. I like to see the LED's for quick diagnose. Plus my son loves watching the dancing lights.

Exactly...I like to be able to see the LED's...I mounted mine on the outside of the kick panel using zip-ties...I didn't want to hack up or drill into the panel..

i used the extended harness from Caspers and mounted mine under the pass. seat , you can still see the leds if you fold the seat foward ...It worked out very nice ......

I went the same method as Mike C but I do have to have the seat slid all the way forward to see the LEDs.

Laz, i like the way that looks, where did you mount the caspers adapter module? Did you jsut stuff it up in the top

Tom did the cutting he basically used sheet metal screws to bolt the xfi box to the inside kick panel and cut the out side one to cover the box less the leds the harness just fits above the box like the stock computer very simple install and easy if you have to diagnose anything what i would do is pick up another computer cover panel incase you wanna go back in the future and there easy to find now .

Back