You can type here any text you want

How do I find the build number on my TTA??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DaJoker

DUMB QUESTION MEMBER
I am in the process of finally getting my TTA, and I have a question about the vin. Who or what website do I send the vin info to?? PS I think I got a steal, it has only 37k and its a 2 owner stock car(it was on ebay) and I got it for $10700. PPS Where can I get the turbo fender emblems other than Phoenix Graphics as they are $210 for a pair.

First, build #. There used to be a well maintained board on this issue. Your VIN *might* be listed... do a search and you'll likely find that link.

Otherwise, http://www.phs-online.com/

Second, emblems.

http://carmotorsports.com/emblems.htm#TTAEmblems

FAR superior to our NOS emblems by design. And, they're GM approved replacements. Which to me, is a big deal. We (all third gen F-bodies, and TTA's even worse) are 'between' years I feel. Too new to have (yet) reproduction parts available, yet too old for dealers to carry.

CarMotorsports seems to have picked up the ball for many of the TTA specific parts. Emblems, IC shrouds, HOSES, etc. A little expensive. But, emblems are 10x better than factory quality. Appear exact. Other parts (TTA specific hoses, etc) have to be cost effective on the business side. They took the time to reproduce items (with amazing quality) for what may only be a 800 -1000 current car owner market(1550 produced - minus accidents, junkyards, etc).

Other items, they (I think) use the same moulds the factory did. Either way, SUPER QUALITY to factory NOS parts.

** JUST MY OPINION here **

Even though I don't and might *never* need hoses or another IC shroud... I honestly can't imagine that a YearOne or other restoration vendors will ever take on the TTA as a 'project'. Even if they do, it'll be (I imagine) inferior quality to mitigate the business and financial risk to reproduce TTA specific parts. NOT promoting Alan and/or CarMotorsports... but only offering my opinion. I plan on ordering certain things while the supply is there and quality is still high (higher even than NOS).

Pretty much everything else will be made again sometime soon... And only a small handful are TTA specific.

Anyway, welcome to the TTA world. You'll love this car, and find this to be a helpful community. Sounds like you got a fairly good deal too.

Sorry for the long post. Just that your concern over how much $$ emblems were from Phoenix Graphix made me feel compelled to explain why certain TTA items are and WILL FOREVER be more $$.

Use the 'search' feature. Assuming it's working, almost everything you can think of has been asked and discussed in great detail. TONS of info on here. There is also a FAQ list that is amazingly helpful...

http://turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86357

HTH,

Michael

Carmotorsport.com have great products, also pins, keychains and other bits for our TTA's. I have everything they produced on my TTA (IC duct, hoses, emblems, keychain, seat belt pads, embroidered headrests, under hood insulation pad with embroidered nose emblem, got all the pins) and I'm very pleased with quality and service.

Anyway another source for the emblems is down under (Australia):
http://www.gtaemblems.com/estore/index.php?cat_id=9&catname='89%20Turbo%20Trans%20Am%20Emblem'

Hmmm, I wish I did .... I just put them on and I can see some green tarnish on specially the rear white bird emblem. Had them on the car for a year now ...

My emblems where bought directly form the original manufacturer before Carmotorsports.com got involved so not sure if they are 100% identical today or not ....

If a thin layer of clearcoat can be put on without ruining them then I would do that if I ever put on a new set.

Thanks for all the info guys....now I just have to wait about 3 WEEKS to get the car shipped in. I am very sure it will be worth the wait. I will post some pics as soon as I can, but that will be after I make a few 1/4 mile passes in it. I will definitely post those results. ;)

Back