You can type here any text you want

How do i tell if my tubo is going bad and hot does a 85 turbo get?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85t-typebuick

im tryong to see whats going on with my car, everytime i take it out my engine gets extremely hot, only when i drive it, if i let it just sit there and run it will stay at normal temp. but i noticed everytime i drive it, i can actually smell the heat, and now im wondering is that turbo is going bad and/or how hot those turbos get?
please let me know what you think! thanks

Is your water pump working? Do you have an electric fan or clutched fan? is it working? Radiator clean on the inside? may need flushing. Fuel pump going, need to check fuel pressure, maybe leaning out. any knock? Have you taken a compression check? maybe blown h/g? Any oil leaks on to the headers or exhaust?

do you have a temp gauge, or do you just think it's getting hot because of a weird smell?

my car never goes over 180 degrees, but the wrap on my up pipe has a unique smell to it once it gets warm and i have a couple of small oil leaks that give off a bit of a smell when the oil drips on the exhaust manifolds.

Back