You can type here any text you want

How do you center the rear end?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

imjoesnuffy

I just break stuff!
Just got done installing polyurethane body bushings. #3 and 4 were missing, the rest were there but rotted out badly. What a difference that makes!

While finishing up I checked the spacing of the rearend from each side of the frame. Mine has 3/4 of an inch more space on the passenger side than the driver's side. Is there a way to fix it?

Barely noticeable with the tires on. Just wondering if it can be done and how.

Suspension mods:
ATR bar
Tubular LCAs
Double adjustable UMI uppers
Air bags
50/50 rear shocks

Usually it is the body that is off center, but if you are off center from the frame the upper control arms are what center it. Lengthen one side, shorten the other. It won't take much probably a turn or two. Just do it evenly.

I figuired it was something simple like that, but didn't know any specific techniques.

It is definitely the rear end. PS measures 2 and 3/4 from frame to rear backing plate of the brake assembly. DS measure 2 even. Both measured using a T square level. When I installed the upper control arms, I just placed the new one beside the stock piece and lined the holes up and bolted them up. Probably not the most scientific technique.:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help!

Back