You can type here any text you want

How does one test a dual port actuator?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Freddie's Buick

Hell No! I'm not a junior
Does anyone know the procedure to test an actuator to check if it's working, leaking or frozen? This is a dual port design so one side I'd imagine uses pressure and the other vacuum. It's OEM so I think maybe 8-PSI on the pressure side?

Don't worry about the port closest to the rod Freddie. It really doesn't matter. Take your mity vac and suck on the end one. This will tell you if it'll hold a vacume. If it does then put pressure to the same port to see if the rod moves. Go slowly so you don't blow the diaphram.

Yep, pressure side is good, (holds vac and pushes the lever well). Vacuum port side doesn't work so I imagine it's toast. For the sake of caution I capped it in case it leaks.

Still no boost though. But it does go from 20 Hg to '0' in about a second. She's quick from zero to 45 MPH in about two seconds. I've not mashed the peddle to the floor since I'm cautiously a coward.

I guess the question here is how do I build up boost? :confused:

Attachments

• removed actuator.jpg
    removed actuator.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 60
Yep, pressure side is good, (holds vac and pushes the lever well). Vacuum port side doesn't work so I imagine it's toast. For the sake of caution I capped it in case it leaks.

Still no boost though. But it does go from 20 Hg to '0' in about a second. She's quick from zero to 45 MPH in about two seconds. I've not mashed the peddle to the floor since I'm cautiously a coward.

I guess the question here is how do I build up boost? :confused:

Boost is built under load Freddie. You may need to check and see if the turbo is spinning and not locked up.

Back